cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible ps4 experience

I have a sony android tv so I cast the entertainment to my tv in perfect quality, I use the now tv app on bt tv to watch movies again in perfect quality without issue, thought I might just set up the app on the Ps4 to watch everything in one place. Well I don't think I'll bother with that at all. The Ps4 streaming quality using the now tv app is absolute dog dirt. Who ever thought that putting an app like that out to now tv customers was a good idea should be told to collect their belongings on the way out and don't come back. 

That's all rant over.. 👹

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Zombie_ wrote:

I have a sony android tv so I cast the entertainment to my tv in perfect quality, I use the now tv app on bt tv to watch movies again in perfect quality without issue, thought I might just set up the app on the Ps4 to watch everything in one place. Well I don't think I'll bother with that at all. The Ps4 streaming quality using the now tv app is absolute dog dirt. Who ever thought that putting an app like that out to now tv customers was a good idea should be told to collect their belongings on the way out and don't come back. 

That's all rant over.. 👹

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the app

Could you try these steps of uninstalling the app deleting the data and reinstalling the app

1. Go to TV / Video and select the NOW TV app.
  2. Press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Delete the Data

1. Go to Setting then System Storage Management.
  2. Select Application Saved Data.
  3. Select Saved Data in System Storage.
  4. Highlight NOW TV, press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Reinstall the App

1. Go to TV / Video.
  2. On the NOW TV app press X .

Try this and let us know if it helps at all

Thanks

Aaron

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Zombie_ wrote:

That's all rant over.. 👹

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the app

Could you try these steps of uninstalling the app deleting the data and reinstalling the app

1. Go to TV / Video and select the NOW TV app.
  2. Press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Delete the Data

1. Go to Setting then System Storage Management.
  2. Select Application Saved Data.
  3. Select Saved Data in System Storage.
  4. Highlight NOW TV, press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Reinstall the App

1. Go to TV / Video.
  2. On the NOW TV app press X .

Try this and let us know if it helps at all

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is so bad. It crashes all the time. To navigate it takes waaaayy too long. NowTV need to step up their game. If they push out an App that poor in construction and function, 4 years ago, and it is still no better, that shows how much they care about customer experience. As of yet I haven’t suffered severe streaming issues, but the app is a complete bug.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue for the last 2weeks on the PS4.Stuck at 90. It use to work fine. I’ve tried deleting and redownloading and still no success with it. All my other apps stream perfectly. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried Aaron’s advice and it hasn’t resolved my poor quality streaming. Any other advice?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been onto the now tv chat 6 times over the last 2 months and they just keep saying it's with the technical team but looking at this thread it's been an issue since 2017.  They did offer me a one month free pass to movies but that's no use if the stream quality is 90. Not sure what it is because the sports works fine and every other streaming site never has an issue. I'm just going to cancel all my passes till they sort it out. Fingers crossed for 2022 😂😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I deleted it from my ps4 and reinstalled and the quality for newer movies still remains at 90... Trying to watch the 2018 preditor film and its too bad quality to see what is hapening... It is the same with aquaman... I am paying for this service id expect half decent quality.... Plz resolve and reply soon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes napping the last few days now quality stuck at 90

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The streaming quality for certain shows is terrible for some reason.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must say I wasn't convinced that would make any difference @Anonymous User but I am pleased to say it has. I would of kept casting from the app as that is excellent quality. 

So my Ps4 is streaming at 4869 looks like that is 720HD from the moment I start a show, no more terrible picture for half the show.

Thanks for your suggestion and solution @Anonymous User I think I will watch last thrones episode again now. 👍