cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Technical Issues on Playstation 5

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues watching Sports on PlayStation?

I was having issues watching on a PlayStation 4, but thought nothing of it. Just put it down to internet connection. This was in London.

I've since come back home up north, and while watching Main Event on PlayStation 5, every few minutes it cuts out to “Something Went Wrong”. If I switch to the football channel whilst the wheel buffers before it gets to something went wrong, that’ll play for a few minutes, but then will do the same where I can play the other channel then, so it’s clearly not a connectivity issue on my end seen as it’ll still play the other channels.

I’d put it down to an issue within the actual Now TV app for PlayStation?

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you have the Boost membership? 

Have you tried to unplug your router for a few minutes? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I’ve got boost and I’ve tried resetting the router a few times to no avail 😞 I’ve switched the PS5 fully off and reset the network settings on there too

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Sorry dude, not sure what else to suggest. 

You could head onto live chat and explain the troubleshooting that you’ve done. It could well be an issue with server overloads for the live sports. 

Click “chat online”, don’t click “get help quicker” as this is the unhelpful bot!

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

PS very jealous that you got yourself a PS5!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mate. I’ve taken your advice and they’ve logged it and will be back to me within 24 hours. Luckily I’ve borrowed a Now TV stick to watch on for now!

PS Hours and hours of sitting up until late to get one 😅 Absolute luck

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Over on NOW Twitter in the last 48 hours there are various tweets from customers that they are receiving problems watching NOW Sports.

The majority of the tweet complaints are from PS4 & PS5 users where NOW are aware of a technical issue with these devices using the NOW App and are trying to resolve it as soon has possible.

The other supported device that seems to be also encountering a similar problem when watching NOW sports is the Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt App based on reading the tweets on the NOW Twitter Help feed.

Only thing you can do is report it to live chat and add your name to the list and also ask NOW for some sort of compensation.

BTW -NOW sports is running fine for me on my devices, though i don't own a PS4 / PS5 or Samsung Smart TV.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is also a few Chromecast users complaining about the NOW Sports picture quality or constant buffering over on Twitter.

NOW are being bombarded with Tweets about problems watching NOW sports.

Touch wood all my devices are playing nicely with NOW sports.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah same issue here. It's been ongoing for over a week now.

On live chat as we speak getting told the good old off and on fix "sigh"

This is a now TV problem and some of the customer service agents on live chat are completely oblivious about it?

I did in the end however get £10 credit applied for the technical issues. I suggest you do the same. 

Apparently it will be fixed soon 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Keep pestering live chat because it’s been mentioned all over social media. 

Good luck! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for the update! It’s good to know I’m not going crazy and it’s not just my Internet.

Not had much trouble with Now ever in terms of streaming.

Hope yours carry on working smoothly 👍