cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuttering sky sports on ps4

I am trying now TV for the first time on my ps4, the picture is stuttering, it is making it almost impossible to watch as it is giving me headache after on 5 minutes!
I am trying to watch the Leeds game on ss2. I have 80mb connection, and all other streaming services are faultless, even 4k netflix and YouTube.
If this is the standard of service from now TV, I will not be using it again. Very disappointing, how can I get my £6.99 back?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchased a PS4 last week and I've noticed the same issue.  I'm on 200Mb Virgin Media so internet speed is not the problem.

Surely, an update to the PS4 NOW TV app is required as soon as possible as this seems to have been an issue for at least 18 months?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I am experiencing the same problems playing movies on the NOW Tv application through a PS4. What could cause juddering - is it internet speed or frame settings? Cany anyone help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

It may be an issue with the connection speeds. 

Can you please re-boot your internet router by unplugging it for a few minutes and then re-connecting your devices. You can also test out your internet speed by clicking here, this should be a minimum of 2.5 Mbps. 

If that still doesn't work for you, then please carry out all these steps via this link on your PS4. 

Please get back in touch if you need more help. 

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm interested to know if there is a resolution for this problem.

I've bought a sports pass twice now and have been disappointed with the image stuttering whenever there is a lot of movement on screen (which happens a lot in sport).

I've tried two different televisions at all the different settings, PS4, PS3 and a black NOW TV box and the stuttering is difficult to watch.

The image quality is fine, I've read about this 50/60HZ but I can't understand how that can be an issue as video games are 60HZ.

My internet connection is not the problem as its 40MB/s plus and Netflix, Amazon and Iplayer have no problem streaming 1080 full HD.

My NOW TV apps are also up to date.

I still have one voucher pass to use but past that I'll be reluctant to buy any more passes, It seems like a budget experience of sky sports and really for occasional use.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Apologies for the late reply.

Changing the hz has helped others so it's always worth a try. It may also help if you delete the app and all NOW TV files in the Game Data section, then re istall the app and try NWO TV again.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you change the hz settings on the ps4 to output at 50hz?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I won't be using it again. You shouldn't sell a service that doesn't work correctly, simple as that.
Thanks
Andy.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

I have sent you an email regarding this.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's now tv for you....