cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue but on windows on my PC. I can log into Now Tv on chrome i have uninstalled the tv player and reinstall it but when i try to log it its says there is a problem and i cannot get in this has happened last week and now again today.

Any ideas anyone please let me know.

Thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this problem on my LG tv was doing my head in found a solution that worked for me I logged out of my account then removed the app from the tv then reinstalled the app and signed back in works now for how long I don't know but all working at the moment 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i've got the same problem with my LG tv.  Did you log out of account first and then delete and reinstall?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue with the app on a Samsung Smart TV, the app is showing as version 5.2.10. Everything I have watched be it a 30 minute tv show or a 2hr movie I get this message seemingly at random, the app gives me the option to go back but the app locks up and I cannot get out of it unless I turn my TV off at the wall.

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app but the issue remains. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I took tv Back to factory settings and the re installed the apps and they work fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I got this issue now on an lg TV but the all works fine on my android phone.

Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, thanks for replying. The version of the app is 3.0.8. Only on one of my Samsung  TVs. It’s not a smart tv or anything and I’ve never had a problem before watching now tv on there. I watch it every day without a fault and about a week ago it came up with that message. Won’t let me watch live tv or anything. I uninstalled it for a few days and just redownloaded now but it’s still not working. When I sign in on my boyfriends Xbox one x in the same house, it works fine. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

So just to confirm @Anonymous User, your using your Xbox One when this issue occurs and your connecting your Xbox to a samsung TV? 

Can you check the version of the app on your Boyfriends Xbox for us?

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue on my Ps4. Version 1.01

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also getting this on the Xbox one, really frustrating, and considering cancelling my pass. Any thoughts?