cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richardtonks60
Advocate

Re: 'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

Still not working can someone help? Is there an app update or something else im missing? Please help . I got no response on my question.

0 Thanks
AnnieUpNorth
Advocate

I get this when using the app on my LG TV. It's really frustrating not knowing what the issue is.

AnnieUpNorth
Advocate

I get this when using the app on my LG TV. It's really frustrating not knowing what the issue is. Can someone from Now TV tell us what to do?

0 Thanks
Sneckie
Advocate

@HayleyE wrote:

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

0 Thanks

@Tony-D wrote:

@Mehdad wrote:

I need help. My now tv app on my Xbox one is saying ‘ sorry there was an error in the player’ it’s been saying that for the last couple of months now! 

Sign out of the app @Mehdad then delete, then install, then sign back in 🙂 Let me know how it goes please.

I have this same problem I have re Installed many times and sometimes the adverts will play and then then error message will come up and sometimes they won’t even play, I’m using an Xbox one and have a sky cinema pass can this issue please be fixed???

0 Thanks
AnnieUpNorth
Advocate

Contact NowTV, they have a chat function on their website. I did, and they sent me a NowTV stick which works perfectly. You just need to have a spare HDMI and USB slot for it.  

0 Thanks

I'm getting the same on the ps4 internet speed is around 30mbps which is more the enough considering there not even broadcasting in 5.1 channels and the picture quality isn't anywhere near netflix or Amazon.

I've just got the pass and I can't watch anything due to this.

0 Thanks
Peter20

I am experiencing the exact same issue, trying to watch nowtv on my xbox 1.

There have been suggestions about changing the dns however this hasn't fixed the problem. Any other ideas please?  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Phil_JK19
Advocate

I am running the NOW TV app through a LG TV and encountering the same error message,, 'Sorry, there was an error in the player message'. The message appears frequently and intermitently, sometimes 2 minutes between, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 30-40 seconds. It is extremely frustrating and destroys the content. Please can you send a specific solution.

Many thanks.

0 Thanks
Amy2703
Observer

Mine is the same but it works on my phone and ipad, just not my xbox 😞

0 Thanks