cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've fixed it! My issue was an hcdp error so a problem with the hdmi protection through a sound bar. I turned my sound bar off left it for a bit and turned it back on. All working
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked for me! I also get problems with xbox's bluray app, because of this hdmi recognition problem now and then. Hcdp errors are common and a quick search would explain what and why it happens.

What i do to fix:

• unplug hdmi at both ends and then plug them in again.

• switch tv off and on again (preferably, a full switch off, usually little toggle on underside or behind tv)

• Otherwise try a different hdmi slot on the TV.

Hope that helps. Big thankyou to  PaulH5!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is also been happening to me.

However, I am TRYING to watch direct from my Samsung Smart TV app. Has been happening for a week now. So frustrating. Why am I paying for a service that clearly has an issue. It does work on my iPad though but I want to watch on a bigger screen.

Not much to ask for eh?

Come on NowTV - sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same issues on my LG tv! Looks like there are no fixes yet! Come on NowTV please fix this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same on the ps4 internet speed is around 30mbps which is more the enough considering there not even broadcasting in 5.1 channels and the picture quality isn't anywhere near netflix or Amazon.

I've just got the pass and I can't watch anything due to this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had this issue. I brought the Xbox yesterday and downloaded NowTV this afternoon and got the sky cinema pass and every film I try to watch it says “sorry, there was an error in the player”. This is becoming rather trusting. What do I need to do? Is there another NowTV player I need to install??? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was wondering did you fix this as my Xbox one started doing it tonight

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was wondering did you fix this as my Xbox one started doing it tonight

@Anonymous User Have you tried any of the steps listed above? Thanks :0