cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I turned everything off xbox router ECT. Over ight then it worked fine the next day 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.  LG 55OLEDE7 kept up to date with firmware and app versions.  Get to see a couple of seconds of whatever I want to watch and then the rotating balls followed by a player error.

Remind me - just why am I paying for a service that I cannot use?

AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

I get this when using the app on my LG TV. It's really frustrating not knowing what the issue is.

AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

I get this when using the app on my LG TV. It's really frustrating not knowing what the issue is. Can someone from Now TV tell us what to do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone help. Everytime I try and use now TV on my lg tv it loads then says error in playing. 

Any help would be appreciated. I have turned tv off at mains and re started. Done the same with my router (though all other apps are working ok) and uninstalled and re installed app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need help. My now tv app on my Xbox one is saying ‘ sorry there was an error in the player’ it’s been saying that for the last couple of months now! 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I need help. My now tv app on my Xbox one is saying ‘ sorry there was an error in the player’ it’s been saying that for the last couple of months now! 

Sign out of the app @Anonymous User then delete, then install, then sign back in 🙂 Let me know how it goes please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sign out of the app @Anonymous User then delete, then install, then sign back in 🙂 Let me know how it goes please.

I have this same problem I have re Installed many times and sometimes the adverts will play and then then error message will come up and sometimes they won’t even play, I’m using an Xbox one and have a sky cinema pass can this issue please be fixed???

AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Contact NowTV, they have a chat function on their website. I did, and they sent me a NowTV stick which works perfectly. You just need to have a spare HDMI and USB slot for it.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still does not work ...come on nowtv please help us out here we are paying good money for a app that isn't working ...will we be getting a refund ? No doubt it so please at least give us a clue