cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working can someone help? Is there an app update or something else im missing? Please help . I got no response on my question.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this probelm for a week now, trued all steps ive seen in this thread and still not working, may aswel throw money away

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, replying to error messages tried to watch football game all i got was error messages wether this will help any one out there ,I have now tv on my computer I did a scan found 3 malware on now tv deleted them ,because I did not get any response    from   the now tv help line I might get rid of it of        from          my computer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s still not working after a few weeks now, does anyone have any ideas why it’s doing this and what I can do to fix it? 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let us know if you are encountering this issue across both your Samsung TV and Xbox One? 

Can you please let us know what version of the app you are running on the affected device? 

Thanks,

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is the same but it works on my phone and ipad, just not my xbox 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am running the NOW TV app through a LG TV and encountering the same error message,, 'Sorry, there was an error in the player message'. The message appears frequently and intermitently, sometimes 2 minutes between, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 30-40 seconds. It is extremely frustrating and destroys the content. Please can you send a specific solution.

Many thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the exact same issue, trying to watch nowtv on my xbox 1.

There have been suggestions about changing the dns however this hasn't fixed the problem. Any other ideas please?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been also having this problem with my Xbox one for a few weeks now.

I have a Samsung TV and running the 3.0.3.70 now TV app 

Any advice what to do in uninstalled it, reinstalled it, cleared the cache, change my Xbox location, changed ip, DNS and other settings. Nothing seems to work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem but it’s working again now. I didn’t do anything different to what I had done when it first happened, just unplugged the Xbox for a few weeks and when I came back to it it was working. There isn’t much info about this error online so if all fails I would just uninstall the app and try again in a few weeks and keep doing that until it works like it did for me.