cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HayleyE
Occasional Poster

'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
33 Replies
Patrickahw
First Poster

Re: 'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

I am also getting this on the Xbox one, really frustrating, and considering cancelling my pass. Any thoughts?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@HayleyE wrote:

Hi guys, 

Hoping you you may be able to help. When trying to watch something on my nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with this error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player' there is no error number, just that message. I've tried uninstalling it etc I've logged out of my account, reset my internet router, connected to my phone internet, removed the device from my account and adding it again. It works on my other tv and other devices just not my Samsung tv. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hayley 

Hi @HayleyE

Can you please let us know if you are encountering this issue across both your Samsung TV and Xbox One? 

Can you please let us know what version of the app you are running on the affected device? 

Thanks,

Karl

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Patrickahw wrote:

I am also getting this on the Xbox one, really frustrating, and considering cancelling my pass. Any thoughts?

Hi @Patrickahw

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing the same issues. 

Can you please provide us with version of the app you are running on your Xbox One? 

Thanks,

Karl 

0 Thanks
HayleyE
Occasional Poster

Hey, thanks for replying. The version of the app is 3.0.8. Only on one of my Samsung  TVs. It’s not a smart tv or anything and I’ve never had a problem before watching now tv on there. I watch it every day without a fault and about a week ago it came up with that message. Won’t let me watch live tv or anything. I uninstalled it for a few days and just redownloaded now but it’s still not working. When I sign in on my boyfriends Xbox one x in the same house, it works fine. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
HayleyE
Occasional Poster

It’s still not working after a few weeks now, does anyone have any ideas why it’s doing this and what I can do to fix it? 

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

So just to confirm @HayleyE, your using your Xbox One when this issue occurs and your connecting your Xbox to a samsung TV? 

Can you check the version of the app on your Boyfriends Xbox for us?

Thanks, 

Karl

0 Thanks
Padraig8
Occasional Poster

Same issue on my Ps4. Version 1.01

0 Thanks
CliveLo
First Poster

Same here.  LG 55OLEDE7 kept up to date with firmware and app versions.  Get to see a couple of seconds of whatever I want to watch and then the rotating balls followed by a player error.

Remind me - just why am I paying for a service that I cannot use?

0 Thanks
Bet91
First Poster

I have been also having this problem with my Xbox one for a few weeks now.

I have a Samsung TV and running the 3.0.3.70 now TV app 

Any advice what to do in uninstalled it, reinstalled it, cleared the cache, change my Xbox location, changed ip, DNS and other settings. Nothing seems to work.

0 Thanks