cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Somethings not right PS4

I've been trying to use NOW tv on my PS4 for a few weeks but lately it's just always going off, the loading blue circle constantly interrupts what I'm watching and then the message "somethings not right, try again later or check (don't quote me on this, some sort of website) for now tv.status or whatever." There isn't an error code.

I read the recommendations and did all of them, deleted the app, deleted the data, reinstalled. When it happens I close the app and turn off the PS and restart it all from the beginning. I've just purchased an ethernet cable and thought if anything that would definitely make an improvement but its still happening!! This has to be a problem with the app? It cant be my PS or my Internet? I don't know where to go from here? Any recommendations would be great or I'm going to cancel my membership, I've never know anything like this. 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to power off your router for a few minutes??

Head onto Live chat to report the fault, just make sure to click "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

Yes I've tried that multiple times. NOW will play for roughly one-two hours before it just starts crashing again.

I've tried the chat online, so far it's just bots with selected answers only. You can't actually speak to anyone, thanks for the link hopefully it's more helpful! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is two distinctive differences between Live chat and the "bot", which you have noticed. 

To ensure you get to Live chat on the link you need to click "chat online", if you click "get help quicker" then this is the unhelpful bot. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what broadband provider are you using please? My NowTV app worked absolutely fine on my PS4 for years while I was with Vodafone for home broadband but since I've just moved to Virgin Media it buffers and drop out with PL-0 frequently which is infuriating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  I'm with sky, I had this problem since I downloaded the NOW app. I even purchased a ethernet cable, no help. Although weirdly, I did manage to get through to the online chat team, and even though they did absolutely nothing technical, and asked me the strangest questions regarding my home use of the PS4 and my TV's. So I didn't believe they'd helped and I gave up using it. But I went back a few weeks later and it's been fine! Maybe the online chat fairies performed magic.. Who knows.. I do turn all the WiFi off all my others gadgets when watching it.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks - just to confirm - which online chat team were you referring to? Now TV's or Sky's? thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv's.. Just make sure you get through to the online chat team with real people and not the bots! If you can see the above thread I'm sure there's a link! Good luck @Anonymous User