cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something went wrong or error code unknown

I am repeatedly having issues with programmes not loading, or when they do they keep buffering and then not working part way through. I either get "oops something went wrong or an unknown error code. This is happening across devices (fire stick, roku) and isn't due to the Internet as it has been reset and I've also logged out and back in and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing works. I am a non boost customer (I refuse to pay for it), I am wondering if this has something to do with it. This has been happening for about 3 days. Any ideas? It seems we don't have the option to talk to an advisor directly and I am at a loss at what to do.

30 REPLIES 30
RoyB
Legend

@Simon-J

Have you thought of stopping the ad breaks for a bit, until you get this problem solved?

You shouldn’t lose any ad revenue, as no-one can see the ads anyway, and it would avert the danger of frustrated non-Boost users giving up on Now, and you losing revenue that way anyway.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have boost and still getting error on my fire stick 3

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you updated the Amazon fire stick recently? If not make sure you do, as I know most apps can be ruined by the device needing to be updated.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes i check every day live chat just saying its my broadband speed my broadband is steady 62 mbps

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately that is the go to response for most company's to blame the users internet!

Just wondering, who is the provider?

Is the stick connected via Wi-fi or Ethernet using the adapter?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

over wi fi hub 2 other side of living room

Anonymous User
Not applicable

iam with bt for broadband hub 2

owlqueen
Scholar

I am having the same issue. I have been discussing it with Now staff since 21st June. The problem is 
1) related to adverts (both at the start and mid program) failing to load/buffering

2) They are aware of the issue and are trying to resolve this issue

3) I do not have boost. Boost members do not see ads, hence why they are not having the same issues

4) As annoying as it is, we just have to be patient (8 days and counting now for me)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A workaround I’ve just found by accident was, if I leave the error message on the screen for a minute or so the episode I was trying to watch starts.

Unfortunately the player controls don’t work, so I had to close the episode after the opening credits, then open it again. Seems to at least get past the advert that’s causing the issue.

Possible workaround?