cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Second PS4 and different PlayStation accounts

Please help, I’m tearing my hair out. We bought a 2nd PS4 so my daughter could have one. The new box works fine.

The old box we added a new “child” ps4 user account. I can access now tv with the original ps4 user but not the new “child” ps4 user. If I try it shows the name of the original account and says “go to PlayStation store” and then that says “not available”. No where does it give an option to log in or out (or anything other than go to ps store). Have I done something wrong? We had terrible trouble with this box refusing to do anything once we signed into the new box and thought the new playstation account had solved all the problems.

I do have a free “device” for now tv so it’s not that. Thanks for any advice!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Please help, I’m tearing my hair out. We bought a 2nd PS4 so my daughter could have one. The new box works fine.

The old box we added a new “child” ps4 user account. I can access now tv with the original ps4 user but not the new “child” ps4 user. If I try it shows the name of the original account and says “go to PlayStation store” and then that says “not available”. No where does it give an option to log in or out (or anything other than go to ps store). Have I done something wrong? We had terrible trouble with this box refusing to do anything once we signed into the new box and thought the new playstation account had solved all the problems.

Go the Playstation Store and look for NOW TV Manually @Anonymous User should do the trick, if not come back here and we'll see what we can do. Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great - thanks! I went to the store and tried to download Now but it errors, already installed. It then opened it, with the option to sign in 🙂 many thanks.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Great - thanks! I went to the store and tried to download Now but it errors, already installed. It then opened it, with the option to sign in 🙂 many thanks.

No problem @Anonymous User, happened to me when i gave my other half my spare PS4 and she created an account. Boggled our minds for an hour or so, so we started trying random stuff and it worked haha. Glad i could help. Enjoy.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Go the Playstation Store and look for NOW TV Manually @Anonymous User should do the trick, if not come back here and we'll see what we can do. Thanks

Legend 5
Legend 5

At a guess given you have to be over 18 to sign up for a Now account, if the child account specifies the user is a child the app might not be available. @Anonymous User
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.