cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remove Device

For the fourth time.

Can someone please remove the xbox from my account. I have been told by 3 different advisors this has been done.

I've also changed my password every time

Although it no longer shows on my account when the advisor deletes it, they are still accessing it and it then shows again. They shouldn't be able to do that.

Please delete this device. 

This is infuriating.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey all

Thanks for your responses

I did try getting the device removed through live chat on 3 occasions before posting this.

I used to live with a partner so was logged in on their xbox. I never gave them the actual password, just logged in myself on their device on one occasion. I then moved away, not knowing they were still logged in and of course did not want them to have access.

Despite my attempts, each time they were removed, they could just log back in. I think the xbox automatically saved the details. Even though I kept resetting the password as well, this did not make a difference. It was really irritating as they were watching Game of Thrones at the same time as me, so when they got further ahead it would play from where they were rather than where I was!

Not sure if it may have been deliberate (they also watched loads of kids shows which is odd as the person does not have children) so maybe they were deliberately messing with my algorithm?

In the end I got a friend to go to their house and physically log out of their xbox for me before they made a swift exit

Ridiculous that this is the level I had to go to just to remove someone else's access to my account.

Thanks again to all that tried to help

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When a device with a persistent login (such as a TV or an Xbox) is connected, changing the password at your end does not make any difference to them, as the account and its connection have been validated, and so are not validated afresh.

So you need the device to be forced off the connection, so they have to log in again if they can, which they can’t if they don’t know the new password.

We are supposed to be able to do this forcing off for ourselves, and we can go through the procedure, but it currently doesn’t work.

Live Chat are supposed to still be able to do it for us, but I have my doubts if that works either.  (Though any evidence that it does will be welcomed).

Sending a friend found to log them off is effective, I see, but not always feasible.

Now might like to consider if even persistent connections ought to silently re-validate in the background, and error if the password originally used to log the device on is no longer the current password for the account.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 @Simon-J 

I think PandaPop is saying that they have done this three times already?

Can we please examine the hypothesis that the ‘Remove Devices’ option isn’t working, or isn’t always working, even when Live Chat do it?

And that all it does is to remove the device from the Device List, instead of reaching out to it, and logging it off?

Or maybe the removal does reach out to the device, but if it isn’t online at that moment, there is no mechanism at Now for storing the delete request, and applying it immediately next time the device comes on line*?

Or it can only reach out to the maximum six devices that Now keep a record of, and a seventh would escape unscathed?

I would hope that Now could keep such a record by Account/MAC address, so nothing short of Mac spoofing would allow the clingon to remain…

*This might be a pain for the genuine owner, but maybe the mechanism could be enforcing a password request on all devices newly rejoining? Or maybe it is….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You won’t get any account issues sorted on a forum as it’s mainly used by other fellow customers. 

What you need to do is go onto live chat and request ALL devices to be removed. Then get your password changed.

For live chat, make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help