cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

QR Code scan Xbox doesn’t sign me in

When I scan the QR code and open the link in browser it takes me to a useless page with a picture of an xbox and a selection of additional packages to choose from. Some of these are free trials so I click through to see if it’s just an exploitative UX, but when I get to the basket it prompts me to sign up again… even though I am logged in on the browser. Seems to have nothing to do with linking a device.

I am going to try a few more times and ask for a refund because I’m so annoyed. Has anybody else had this problem?

ps, there are no tags available for Xbox X/S. so I’ve demoted myself to Xbox One.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried on chrome and safari browsers too, same issue. It won’t let me progress unless I buy another package on top of entertainment. I’m just going to cancel, the FAQs are annoyingly generic. I’ll leave this here in case it helps somebody else.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You don't need to sign in via the QR Code, you can either

1. Close the box and it will in theory take you to the home page. Then you scroll to the bottom to see the row of options one should be account. In here is where you log in.
  2. Of there should be an option to just sign in?
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even after signing in and reinitiating the process with an active session it doesn’t work. When I reattempted on Chrome there was a box to continue which wasn’t there on Firefox, but even that just took me to the wrong place. All links seem to lead you to purchasing more add-ons. I’m done with it tbh