Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ps4

My now tv has gone down on ps4 is this being fixed
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, This is still an issue in April 2018. 

Ps4 app either crashes or it resets the router, disconnecting everything in the house. 

I've been told by my neighbour it's something to do with incompatibility with TalkTalk or BT.

Will there be an update for this or a refund?

We can watch something on our old 13" laptop but that's not acceptable. Good to test that this is software related though.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User Are you using TalkTalk with your PS4 yeah?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Heyoo!
I sure am on (unfortunately) on TalkTalk. I’ve found quite a few complaints online about NowTv and TalkTalk so i’m not expecting great news.

They took 6 weeks to deliver our router, so if’s not something we can solve at Now, we may just have to apply for a refund. After all… it’s just entertainment, folks!
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Heyoo!
I sure am on (unfortunately) on TalkTalk. I’ve found quite a few complaints online about NowTv and TalkTalk so i’m not expecting great news.

They took 6 weeks to deliver our router, so if’s not something we can solve at Now, we may just have to apply for a refund. After all… it’s just entertainment, folks!

@Anonymous User Get onto the Talk Talk customer forum and ask them to push a firmware update to your router and it should fix the problem hopefully.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine still doesn't work hasn't worked in a month, when I sign in it says "give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/startus for update" but nothing has happened!? I've changed my password and everything.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can I ask you to try a couple of things?

- Ensure you are using a direct network and not any kind of open WiFi or cloud based connection. Also ensure your not using any kind of VPN on your connection.

- When you change your password avoid any kind of symbols and stick to one with just letters and numbers.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having constant issues with now tv on PS4 the app is terrible it crashes all the time and just comes up report error and backs out of programmes when I start them, it also comes up with error  when I try to watch next episode and I have to click it again to make it work after a load fail. To top it off the app has just started constantly buffering at certain intervals on every episode of every series. My router is connected by Ethernet cable and isn't far from the PS4 I have 50mb unlimited broadband and tried resetting my router multiple times, even tried deleting the app and reinstalling but to no benefit but I have no issues on any other app, Netflix works seemlessly, if this persists I am cancelling my subscription permanently.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All these problems on the PS4 app but downloaded the app on my pad and it works fine but I have a husband and 2 kids I can't sit in a corner on my pad any time we wanna watch something. The PS4 app needs a serious update!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting on our Forum!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble there with the PS4 app.

Could you let us know if you're getting any kind of error message?

I'll take a look into it 🙂

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team