cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ps4 keeps crashing or buffering

Been complaining all time about this, been told to do a few steps which ive done, keeps doing amd even worse.
Are you going to fix this app or am i going to be another costumer leaving?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've only found one solution that works which is basically press up or down, left or right on the d pad on ps4 controller to bring up the bar which controls fast forward etc. This generally has do be done as soon as the menu disappears for as long as the clip (film/episode....) So roughly 60+ times per game of thrones episode. What an outstanding app 😂.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is ridiculous. I can’t use nowtv on my PS4 at all. Seems this problem has been going on for a long time as well. When are you going to fix it? I’m surprised you’re still around as a company. Netflix, amazon etc charge less than you and include docs, movies, tv shows all in one price. You charge an extortionate amount just for movies alone and then people can’t use the app because it keeps fu**ing up. Really not pleased. I’ve only just rejoined after leaving your services for these exact reasons and got 15 mins into a film and now can’t get on nowtv app at all. So I’ll be asking for my money back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done that more than 5 times how many more i have to do until now tv realize that its their problem to solve? I mean its not like its just some people complaining its a lot of them
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 'Fix' does not work. Canceled subscription to Now tv. Watching grass grow is more entertaining.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Been complaining all time about this, been told to do a few steps which ive done, keeps doing amd even worse.
Are you going to fix this app or am i going to be another costumer leaving?

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

If you follow these steps this will resolve your issue:

• Delete the NOW TV app
  • Delete the NOW TV data
  • Reinstall the NOW TV app
  • Set up a wired connection
  • Pause downloads
  • Set up a static IP address
  • Check for corrupt files in Safe Mode

Delete the NOW TV app

1. Go to TV / Video and select the NOW TV app.
  2. Press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Delete the NOW TV data

1. Go to Setting then System Storage Management.
  2. Select Application Saved Data.
  3. Select Saved Data in System Storage.
  4. Highlight NOW TV, press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller) then select Delete.

Reinstall the NOW TV app

1. Go to TV / Video.
  2. On the NOW TV app press X .

Set up a wired connection

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select Network then Setup Internet Connection.
  3. Use a LAN Cable.
  4. Select Easy.
  5. Test the Internet connection to complete the setup.

Pause downloads

1. On the Main Menu go to Notifications
  2. Select Downloads then press X to pause any content that's downloading.

Set up a static IP address

1. Go to Settings, Network then View Connection Status.
  2. Make a note of your default router IP Address (this can also be found on the back of your router).
  3. Go back and select Set up Internet Connection.
  4. Select Use WiFi or Use LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using.
  5. Select Custom.

If your connecting wirelessly scan for routers and type your security pass at this point.

1. In IP Address select Manual and complete the following:
  • IP Address : Use your router IP Address but change the last digit to a different number of your choice
  • Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
  • Default Router : Your router IP Address
  • Primary DNS : Your router IP Address
  • Secondary DNS : 0.0.0.0
  1. Press Right on the controller and select:
  • MTU Settings : Automatic
  • Proxy Server : Do Not Use
  • UPnP : Enabled
  1. Select X to save and test your connection

Check for corrupt files in Safe Mode

1. Make sure the PS4 is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Power Button until you hear 2 beeps (one when you first press it and another 7 seconds later).
  3. Connect your DualShock 4 controller via USB then press the PS button.
  4. Select Rebuild Database.

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am struggling to delete the NowTv data as I have no menu entitled "system storage management". When I go into the "storage menu" There is no NowTv data under "applications" or "saved data". There is a menu entitled "other" in the "applications" menu but it will not let me scroll down to it.

I have also tried under the menu of "application saved data management" but again there is no Now tv data under "delete"

Are there any PS4 users out there who can help me out as it's clear NowTv do not care at all from reading the forums and lack of reply when their trouble shooting ideas do not work!

Thanks 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is how to delete the NowTV app from PS4:

- Select 'Settings' 

-Select 'Storage' 

-The system will take a few seconds to calculate and then show a coloured bar. 

-Hit 'Enter' 

-Select 'Applications' and hit 'Enter' 

-You should then find 'Now TV' in the list of your applications. 

-Highlight it but do not press Enter. 

-Press the 'Options' button. 

-On the right-hand side of the screen you will get the option to 'Delete'. Hit 'Enter' and then confirm delete. 

This will remove the app and all its data. 

Simply go back to TV & Video on the XMB to select NowTV to reinstall. 

This can often cure glitches. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The fact that you as a company think that that is a fix is beyond a joke. You don’t have the likes of Netflix or prime telling you to do any such things to fix their apps. Main reason being is they actually understand it is their responsibility to fix it not the customer. Nowtv you are an absolutely joke. Should be ashamed of the product you’ve supplied your customers and to have the nerve to charge them and make them fix it is ridiculous. The app crashes for me atleast 3 times a day bringing up the report fault on the PS4 and it drives me insane. Niamh I don’t think once while you were typing this out did you ever think of the fact that not in a million years should a customer be doing that. It’s clearly your responsibility so stop doing the typical sky thing of passing it off to someone else to sort and fix it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree and they still fail to acknowledge it’s their app that’s the problem. Very disappointed!!!