cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Playstation now tv is awful!

Since about January my ps3 now tv app runs so badly, it's constantly crashing or just doesn't work. Never had a problem before this and we've tested the fibre and no problem with that, everything else on ps3 works except this app.
0 Thanks
40 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Playstation now tv is awful!

Hi @annoyed456

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having on your PS3. 

Can you please let us know if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

Do you experience this issue with NOW TV on any other device? 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am also having this problem. It used to work fine, and have been using it for months with no qualms.
Now it's suddenly started playing up, keeps crashing constantly, won't load, flashing loading screen, won't allow programmes to be selected! It's a nightmare!
I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling but the problems persist. The wifi is working perfectly and every other app on my playstation works so the now TV app is definitely at fault! Getting seriously annoyed by it!
Highlighted
Mentor

Nope still not working! Had to buy a now tv box cause ps3 just wont work on the app for more than a minute!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @annoyed456

I am very sorry to hear you are still hampered with this issue, are you connected via an ethernet cable? If not a wired connection can sometimes provide an improved connection.

Do you have any trouble when viewing on the NOW TV box? 

Can you try clearing the system cache please and or rebooting the PlayStation, can you watch on the PS3 without having any other device using the wi-fi and see if that helps. I'm sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused for you.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

The app on my PlayStation has randomly stopped working. I can get into the app, but then I can't do anything because it doesn't respond to my controller or remote. I've deleted and re downloaded it, restarted my PlayStation and updated it and still no luck. Any help?
Highlighted
Mentor

Mine is exactly sane just awful
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @princebecky

Very sorry to hear you're having issues with your PS3 app? Have you tried another controller? I'm guessing other apps are working fine?

Can you try rebooting via safe mode.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Yep, I've tried everything and the other apps are working fine

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Same I've tried everything and anything.. Therefore now tv needs to accept responsibility that ps3 apps don't work as they should. I've had to buy another now tv box just to get it working! Even on my ps4 I have issues so the issue is the software on playstation.