cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation now tv is awful!

Since about January my ps3 now tv app runs so badly, it's constantly crashing or just doesn't work. Never had a problem before this and we've tested the fibre and no problem with that, everything else on ps3 works except this app.
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just started watching NowTV through my ps3, everytime you pause a film for longer than 5 minutes it freezes, then the screen goes blank, then I have to reboot the whole system.

Now I have some message telling me there is a problem and I should go to Nowtv/Status, can't find any info here about the problem, can't find the contact us tab, no online chat tab.

It is connected with a hard line no wifi, I am on a 2 month trial can't see me going past it!!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought I would take advantage of the 14 day trial of NowTV. Works great on my smart TV, no issues at all.

However, it will be mostly watched upstairs in bed on the PS3, that was the plan anyway.

Just tried to turn it on and after a 19mb logo update, it starts to boot but keeps failing.  I am using wi-fi but hardwiring it isn't a posibilty. So tonight it'll be back to netflix.

It's a shame because your other sky app on the ps3 works fine and NowTV works great on my smart tv...but sounds like you guys are having a LOT of trouble with the Sony console.

Anywho, is anyone else having problems or is it just me?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Sounds like the updates gone a bit wrong. have you tried to install it again? 

There's also some more advanced steps you can try. I'll send you a quick email with these.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a long live chat last night and still waiting for an email of the transcript or offering me any help.

PS3 used to work fine with Play TV but not it's awful.

Simply can't watch anything anymore. Works fine on the Surface tablet in the same room with Wifi so it's purely the PS3 Now TV app.

PS3 works great as do Amazon apps etc so it's not he system.

I've uninstalled; cleared cache, turned off, turned on, reinstalled and wasted hours trying to make it work but still rubbish.

I pay 6.99 a month for being Now TVs tech team in essence.

The most annoying this is that everytime I reinstall it I then have to download a Logo update of 19mb. What the hell is that all about. Looks the same too! Wish I worked for that brand agency.

Anyway, please help Now TV and fix the app.

I'm heading out today to spend £25 on a stupid box when I have the system already to watch for free and if Now TV suddenly come up with a fix I'm tempted to invoice Sky.

If Iram is reading this (who helped even though we got nowhere last night) I'm still waiting for my help which I was promised, although can't imagine it will make this work, as it's a corrupt app.

Thanks, ADCK

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered when trying to use your PS3. 

Can you please let us know if you have tried rebooting your PS3 in safe mode? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couldn't have phrased the post title better myself!

It's so very bad. Some programs won't start; just a blank screen for ages, forcing you to do a hard reset of the box; other programs keep crashing back out to the menu every five minutes 😕

It's also generally a dreadful interface. Let's say you've watched episode 2 of something and would now like to watch episode 3, you have to go back into search and type the whole thing out again, scroll through the series and then the episodes; how ridiculous is that.

No information on when a new episode has arrived either; have to go in and check each series periodically.

When you do come online to look for assistance all you get is the usual 'turn it of and on again' unhelpful trite. Stop telling us how to fix your app and FIX IT YOURSELVES!!!

Such a dreadful, dreadful app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app data was deleted when I uninstalled the app.

I have read previous posts and followed the advice before commenting initially.

I am unable to hard wire the PS3 due to the routers location. And yes I am aware a hard connection is more stable. However if the app cannot support wireless then the you should have burnt your money instead of hiring software developers.

I was able to stream a movie, browse the Web and have my wife participate in an on line lecture using video feeds all at the same time with no lag. and it was wirelessly But now TV needs a hard connection. Pathetic excuse and app.

Please actually fix the dreadfully app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that.

I'll email you shortly 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team