cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation now tv is awful!

Since about January my ps3 now tv app runs so badly, it's constantly crashing or just doesn't work. Never had a problem before this and we've tested the fibre and no problem with that, everything else on ps3 works except this app.
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I go to watch a program and the screen turns black and freezes. PS3 is totally unresponsive. Not God enough Now TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following steps which should help:

Uninstall and reinstall the app, following these quick steps:

Start by deleting the NOW TV app

• Press the PS Button on your controller to get to your main menu, the PS3 XMB (Xross Media Bar).
  • Go to TV/Video Services and find the NOW TV App.
  • Press TRIANGLE and select Delete.

Next, erase the app data

• Head back to the main menu, and this time select Game Data Utility (under the Game section). 
  • Find the NOW TV Data and press TRIANGLE, followed by Delete.

Lastly, re-install the app

• Restart your PS3 and download the NOW TV app again.

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have already un installed the app and reinstalled it last night.
At the time of failure it was the only device connected to the router. Not that a quality service would be effected by this.  
Whilst using netflex (as now tv failed) my wife was completing online video tutorials, I was watching Netflix and browsing the Web.  My Internet connection is good.
As all other posts have been saying, there is a problem with the app itself.   Please fix this bug as it's currently unworkable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having issues with the PS app. We're looking into making improvements for the PS app. We obviously want to get you up and running now. Have you tried a wired connection to the PlayStation? I know other apps may work through the wi-fi but an ethernet cable can offer a better experience. 

Can you also try clearing the NOW TV game data and try again also. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is exactly what I am suffering with too
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using now tv on my ps3. Only been a member for a month, but in that time it is really glitchy, crashes, often won't play films but let's me scroll through them and constantly says 'somethings notright , please try again later.....' Is tthis a common problem with ps3 ?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

the other day when i tried to watch the enfield haunting, all that came up was the title of the episodes with no picture and then when i started it, nothing loaded just a black screen and then it crashed. Tried to turn the PS3 off and nothing happened so i had to unplug it which caused the whole system to break and do that whole recovery update! not the first time that's happened either.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @caseyb1993

Very sorry about that 😞

Other than the ones you have mentioned, have you tried anything else troubleshooting wise? Power cycle, clear cache, wired instead of wireless connection?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

yes, yes and the router is at the opposite side of the room to the ps3 (not too far it's less than 12 feet away really) so it's a pain to connect it up. It's doesn't happen all the time but I was a bit gutted that i had to reset the ps3 which can take a while. The reason I didn't watch it on the box is because my dad wanted to watch it aswell and the ps3 is in the living room and the box is in my bedroom. we managed to watch all 3 episodes in the end so we were happy Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @caseyb1993,

Glad to hear that it worked in the end, but I'm sorry that you had to go through all that trouble to watch NOW TV in the end.

Just in case it happens again in the future, please give these steps a go:

Delete NOW TV App and Game Data

1. On the PS3 XMB (Xross Media Bar) navigate to TV/Video Services
2. Locate NOW TV App
3. Press TRIANGLE
4. Delete

1. To delete NOW TV Data go to Game on the XMB
2. Select Game Data Utility
3. Locate NOW TV Data
4. Press TRIANGLE5
5. Delete

1. To re download the NOW TV App go to TV/Video Services on the XMB