cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation now tv is awful!

Since about January my ps3 now tv app runs so badly, it's constantly crashing or just doesn't work. Never had a problem before this and we've tested the fibre and no problem with that, everything else on ps3 works except this app.
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issues. Surely we shouldn't have to restart in safe mode, use a wired connection and disconnect everything else from WiFi network just to try to get this app to work!!
I get no problem with any other streaming apps on PS3 and now TV works if I cast to chromecast from my phone so why are we repeatedly being given these work around solutions when surely the software should be updated to resolve these issues?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

I understand that you don't think it's neccessary to carry out the safe mode step however it has resolved the issue for many other customers. If you could try to restart your console in safe mode that would be great. We just want to get you back up and running.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Ruth

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had to post here as accidently posted in the xbox section.

so hopefully here is alright

I have 4 ps3 systems and the buffering problem is on all 4. i have unistalled the app on each system and it is still the same. i have only managed to watch 2 movies as it is so bad. it took me just over 2 hours to watch a 1hr 31 minute movie not good. i am also running 64 meg fibre optic so speed is not a issue. 2 of the ps3 systems are running on wifi and the other 2 are hard wired.(bear in mind when i use nowtv i am only running 1 device on my network so it is not like i am overloading the system) also i have a account with netflix and amazon prime and i never ever have a problem with these 2. and i have been with them for over 6 months. i tried contacting live chat but they were so unhelpful it is unreal (persons name was thelma) if things do not improve with now tv then i am sorry to say but when the 30 day trial finishes i will not be staying with a company that has such major buffering issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing buffering issues on your PS3, I know this can get irritating for you. 

It seems strange that you are having the issue on all 4 devices. If you haven't done already, please can you conduct a speed test but only on the PlayStation devices to see if its running at the appropriate speed for NOW TV.

Also, don't forget that when you have a number of devices connected to the internet at the same time it can slow down the internet speed so try disconnecting some of them and see if that helps. 

I would also advise for you to reboot your router, by switching it off for a few minutes and then trying again as this has proven to work for many of our customers. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks,

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same I've tried everything and anything.. Therefore now tv needs to accept responsibility that ps3 apps don't work as they should. I've had to buy another now tv box just to get it working! Even on my ps4 I have issues so the issue is the software on playstation.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry about that 😞

I will send you an email shortly. Please keep an eye on your email inbox.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is exactly sane just awful
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app on my PlayStation has randomly stopped working. I can get into the app, but then I can't do anything because it doesn't respond to my controller or remote. I've deleted and re downloaded it, restarted my PlayStation and updated it and still no luck. Any help?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem I'm having, glad to hear it's not just me. did you get a fix at all? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear you've had issues with the app on the PS3. Can you try a wired connection if you're not already. Also if it's buffering issues can you try rebooting your router and only have PS3 using the wi-fi.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team