cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you try using a wired connection and have you tried rebooting your router. Can you try having just the PS4 using the wi-fi as this can help with buffering.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I may have fixed the problem.
Will confirm once ive watched a few full programs however,if this helps anyone, I was running a wired connection and swapped it over to wifi connection.

I had always thought a wired connection to be better but something about the wired one just wouldn't work.

As I say ive only watched 20mins (but 20mins without buffering wouldn't have happened before).
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Nowtv team.

I have exactly same problem as this user. I have followed this post and tried to resolve following same steps. 

Many users have now reported this issue. It is PS4 exclusive. 

We have tried the steps. Please stop passing the problem to us.

This is an issue with YOUR app since last PS4 update. In fact it did the same a few years ago and was resolved by a nowtv app update. 

I have seen your team try to pass this off to the user several times in these forums. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do. 

So until you sort it I shall be cancelling my subscription. I would advise other users to do the same. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a 'complaint' open with them, it took about a week for them to report it to their technical team as they didn't believe that there was a problem with the ps4 app, its been a further week since they reported it on and no update.

I'll be 3 eps behind on westworld, I know there are other ways to watch now tv but this is the way i watch it on our main tv as its not on my bt tv stb, amazon fire or on my hisense tv and i dont want to add further devices.

What infuriates me is no replies on this forum, whats happened to the moderators? From what i can see theyve moved online chat and email contact offshore so I wouldnt be surprised that any old uk mods on here have been taken away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with the NOW TV App on your PS4. 

Can you please both explain the exact issue that you are encountering with the app? Are you experiencing buffering when watching something in particular or is it across everything that you try to watch?

Can you let me know what current version of the app you are running to see if we can replicate the issue on our end, also could you please provide us with the name of you Internet service provider? 

I look forward to hearing from you so I can get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry @Karl-F, I'm not being funny but have you read the numerous posts in the 'consoles' section, there are various threads by various PS4 app users who are all having the same problem, we've been reporting it for weeks.

It seems that since a recent ps4 software update the nowtv app is constantly buffering, all of us have followed your troubleshooting guides numerous times and still the same. The adverts prior to the entertainment programmes play without the buffering but once the actual stream starts it constantly buffers making it unwatchable.

NOW TV app version 2.06

PS4 system software 5.55 updated on 18/05/18

my complaint reference is 03302549

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree 100% with this user above me! And the ads at the start of each programme run smooth every time. In fact sometimes I get kicked out of playback, playback progress bar shows as if I have watched entire show so I get to enjoy the ads for a second time! 

In reply to karl_f 

Hi Karl

Thanks for taking an interest in this this issue. From the posts I’ve read on the forum I am certainly not the only user experiencing this issue.

Version is 2.06

ISP is Bt infinity fibre. I use wired connection. Nothing else is drawing internet. I run Netflix, amazon, YouTube and other apps without issue.

Problem is buffering every 10-30 secs on PS4. The length of the buffering varies each time. Sometimes it’s a short burst then plays again. Other times can take up to 1 min. Sometimes it freezes and kicks me out of the app all together leading to a PS4 error code which I cannot remember. It begins with C I believe.

Occasionally after 30 mins of playback it is actually watchable and buffering stops. No idea why.

It applies to movies and entertainment pack.

As a shortcut what I tried when it buffered was exit playback, restart playback. This works for a time but usually results in the app eventually freezing or crashing the entire app.

Worth noting is this problem started shortly after the last PS4 system update approximately one or two months ago. Also worth noting this has happened a year or two ago with exactly the same issue, same error code also. It was resolved by a nowtv update.

What also could possibly be relevant is I am running the old PS4. 

For your information I am also running it fine upstairs by WiFi on a ps3.

Sincerely

Jeff Place
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I agree 100% with this user above me! And the ads at the start of each programme run smooth every time. In fact sometimes I get kicked out of playback, playback progress bar shows as if I have watched entire show so I get to enjoy the ads for a second time! 

In reply to karl_f 

Hi Karl

Thanks for taking an interest in this this issue. From the posts I’ve read on the forum I am certainly not the only user experiencing this issue.

Version is 2.06

ISP is Bt infinity fibre. I use wired connection. Nothing else is drawing internet. I run Netflix, amazon, YouTube and other apps without issue.

Problem is buffering every 10-30 secs on PS4. The length of the buffering varies each time. Sometimes it’s a short burst then plays again. Other times can take up to 1 min. Sometimes it freezes and kicks me out of the app all together leading to a PS4 error code which I cannot remember. It begins with C I believe.

Occasionally after 30 mins of playback it is actually watchable and buffering stops. No idea why.

It applies to movies and entertainment pack.

As a shortcut what I tried when it buffered was exit playback, restart playback. This works for a time but usually results in the app eventually freezing or crashing the entire app.

Worth noting is this problem started shortly after the last PS4 system update approximately one or two months ago. Also worth noting this has happened a year or two ago with exactly the same issue, same error code also. It was resolved by a nowtv update.

What also could possibly be relevant is I am running the old PS4. 

For your information I am also running it fine upstairs by WiFi on a ps3.

Sincerely

Jeff Place

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I've been watching NOW TV constantly in my other halfs house on 4Mb Wifi Connection although it would buffer maybe once then we would pause it and continue watching with no hiccups. However, on a few occasions we have had bufferring problems that would last an hour or so. Have you guys deleted the NOW TV Saved data, tried uninstalling and the usual stuff yeah? This was on a Standard PS4 but i can easily check it out tonight on the my other Standard and PRO PS4 in my house using a 60mb wired connection. What is the SKU of your PS4's? And is anything downloading on the PS4 while you try to watch? Like a game update or whatever? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in earlier posts throughout this forum. 

No games are downloading. Nothing is drawing internet. All other apps work as intended. 

SKU? Is this the barcode on PS4?