cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi NowTV team,

Last two weeks I have started having the exact same issue as above, our NowTV box works perfectly but the PS4 wont. Every other service is perfectly fine. I will attempt the above step to rebuild the database but will not be setting my PS4 back to factory defaults to attempt to fix it as I feel this is completely over the top for an app issue as the Delete function should Delete all traces of the app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Your issue has been raised with our technical team.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Those steps helped nobody and quite frankly were a joke.absolutely moronic response to a simple problem.YOUR PS3 AND PS4 APPS ARE THE PROBLEM AND NEED FIXING!!NOT WIFI PROBLEMS,NOT ROUTER PROBLEMS,NOT SYSTEM PROBLEMS BUT NOW TV APP PROBLEMS!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Thank you for your posts and sorry about the delayed reply.

I'm very sorry that you still experience issues using our app on your Playstation. 

I will chase the technical teams to get more info of what exactly is happening and how this can be resolved. 

Can you guys tell me the NOW TV app version you're using?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's what you guys always say, whilst we keep paying for a horrible Now TV app that doesn't work. You said the same thing to me weeks ago, and nothing has changed, apart from the fact that I now have to sign in my log in details every single time & there is no game data (Now TV) to delete in 'Saved data in system storage' on the PS4. What do I do now?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch Now TV through my PS4 and also have the buffering problem.  A more aggravating problem that has appeared and got rapidly worse is being thrown out of whatever show I'm watching back to the programme screen.  Then there is the long unresponsive lag while I wait for the Resume Watching button to work.  In my attempt to watch  True Detective last night this happened every 3-5 minutes.  Along with the frequent annoying channel idents inserted into every show, this has rendered using Now TV into a gruelling joyless experience.

Any advice to rectify this would be gratefully appreciated.  I have had no problems with online gaming or using other streaming services.  Evidently Netflix, iPlayer and the rest are doing something right that Now TV is doing wrong.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you've both been having this issue.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @Anonymous User earlier in this thread? Those steps have helped others facing similar issues.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.  I've deleted the NOW TV app and redownloaded it and have followed the steps Ranj suggested of restarting my PS4 in safe mode and choosing option 5.  It hasn't really helped.  I'm still being thrown out of shows I'm watching back to the menu or programme screen.  Occasionally NOW TV just seems to fail completely.  I'd be appreciative of any further ideas.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for trying.

We'll get this looked into with our technical team.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any update on this issue as we are having problems to with the PS4. It seems that your "tech team" need to try harder as we are all paying our monthly subscription 

we we have so far rebooted the router , used a Lan connection. 

Why hey should other users in the house have to turn off their wifi?