cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just for the purposes of testing can you try a wired connection to the PS4, if at all possible? I know not everyone has an Ethernet cable lying around but it'd be good to see if this makes any difference.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,
Done that, ran ok, not perfect but ok for a couple of hours, now bad as ever.
Currently sitting on Internet speed of over 9mbs with nothing else on the system and I'm at stream quality of 104 and pixilated and won't run for more than a few seconds.... Hang on, just checked and it was running a download in the background.. Let me get back to you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,
Situated in Motherwell (ML1) post code, non modified 500Gb PS4 with with broadband speed of 9.4mbps at current test.

Speedbert
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Anonymous User

Would it be possible to try this step please.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yip Same issue with me on the PS4, buffer buffer buffer.... my contact runs out today but i want to stay for GOT but just feel it's not worth it, looking at how long people have been rasing this as a problem and it's not been adressed is shocking.

Can we see some real advuice in how to improve the service we are paying for?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Can you just confirm that your based within the UK, not using any VPN's, Your PS4 isn't modified in anyway and your broadband speed is over 2.5 Mbps ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having real issues with Now TV via PlayStation 4 . 

I have switched my internet connection , PlayStation but no success. 

My show plays for about 2 minutes and then stops to buffer. 4 coloured circles. 

I want to watch and important match today and I'm worried I might not be able too. 

Please can someone help me ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ever since i joined now tv i haven't watched a single title without buffering problems, and as i just tried to watch the live channels it was evin worse. I have an amazing connection so i can't understand why this is happening, ps4 in bedroom and ps3 in living room. Isn't now tv restricted to 720p only for PlayStation yet i can watch netflix and amazon both in 1080p evin when the other room is watching netflix. Once this month is up i'm packing this in, it just doesn't seem right, and not to mention the fact that on a few occasions now tv has crashed on me. They charge way to much, 10 per month is a lot considering you dont get any shows included with that price. Sky is gonna join blockbuster one day if they dont loosing the grip on their wallets
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Now Tv,

I have just re-downloaded the app, but am still having problems streaming. I'm on 25mb broadband, everything else runs smoothly. I have followed your diagnosis threads, but no such luck. It's running version 2.02. Any news on the app being fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

THanks for your post.

I'll get your case raised with our technical teams. Hopefully it'll get sorted very soon.

Birgit

NOW TV Team