cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It shouldn't delete any game data or saves, but just in case you can save all your game data to online storage.

Birgit

NOW TV team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly no luck.

- Restoring default settings caused the app to load the "Now TV is unavailable at the moment" screen.

- re downloading the app and restarting the console allowed me access again, selected "Thronecast" - Fine for around 10 minutes then same problem occurs.

- Rebuilding the database went through the same issue, and sadly the outcome was the same buffering persisted.

Both made the app very slow in menu's sometimes missing pictures.

I'm almost out of ideas. I do have a spare router somewhere which I am considering giving a go just to see if the Now TV app is not compatible with the talk talk router.

The problem is other VOD apps don't show issues. I am convinced it's a slight incompatabity somewhere, and will keep investigating as to where.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

You have tried a lot already. Maybe change your IP to static on your PS4?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not, thank you for the suggestion.  

I have the standard Talk Talk router, so will have a play around sometime this evening to see  if this helps the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After having the same issue this week watching Game of Thrones (had to come out and go back into the program around every 10 mins) I got round to assigning the PS4 a static IP address. 

Apart from giving me NAT2 this doesn't seem to have helped with viewing (tried The Avengers 20 min special stopped twice for buffering, Finally stopped a third time and wouldn't continue. 

To add to my investigation

- Other Applications Netflix, Amazon and WWE Network are not experiencing issues. I can watch programs in full on them.

- Watching the router I am able to see when the program will stop. The light that indicates data is going to Lan 1 stays still, when everything works it flashes.

- I don't think it's bandwidth related as such. The picture  doesn't go blurry. It's more like it just stops dead, simar the the issue we experienced in beta when it used to cut out of the program. 

- I tried swapping the LAN cable from port 1 on the back of the router to 2. The issue persists. 

- Don't know if this is related. But everything worked well up until the latest PS4 firmware upgrade. Could this have broken something? If it had however, I would assume there would be more then me on here trying to work it out 

Once again, any advice would be greatly aprechiated.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting back to us. Can you try rebooting via safe mode 

• Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button for several seconds

• Power on the PS4 by holding the power button. Wait about 7 seconds until you hear a second beep.
  • Once you hear a second beep, release the power button and connect to your DualShock 4 controller via a USB cable to the PS4.

Then work through the 4 following options that appear on the screen trying to use the app in between each step:

Restart System

Update System Software (via Internet)

Restore Default Settings

Rebuild Database

If this fails can you try a wired connection if you haven't already. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team