cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your app is awful*
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi was having the same problem with the app and im not on talk talk im with sky, cant see how the app would affecct the routers unless it was programed to which it shoulded do.

I seem to have a soultion that is working so far, managed to watch a 2hr movie with it not bufferring once.

I went to Setting>>Video playback settings>>output at 1080p/24hz ( put that to off) then same menu >>allow internet connection for BD-Live (untick).

As i have said this has worked for but will continue to test this out and edit this later if its still up and running.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

afraid to it didnt clear the problem completly but did increase the time betwen buffereing but i cant see any other options that could help this problem

we have to hope and pray that Sky will finally take time to look at this problem and not pass us of with sub par help and offer us a solution that works

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your app isn’t awful and you are so incompetent with any suggestions of a fix. You have no idea what to do. Still freezing every time I watch Now TV on ps4. Tried all suggestions on this thread
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same as above. With Virgin media, fibre connection and Now tv worked downstairs on my LG tv but I've come upstairs to continue a movie and the PS4 stops around every 30 seconds to buffer. Done all the resets etc and even hard wired the PlayStation to my router but same issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am also having problems with the now TV app on the ps4. I have tried using both my boyfriend's and my own ps4, which both are experiencing terrible buffering. We have both tried the above solutions but to no avail, the buffering is so bad it literally stops the program around every 10 seconds making the program completely unwatchable and rendering the app useless. Both Netflix and Amazon prime are working without issues so I don't believe it's a problem on my end ie. My Internet connection. I think the app is in need of a serious update to get rid of this bug as from the looks of this comment thread it's not only me and my boyfriend that are experiencing this issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV

Seriously stop telling people to restart the ps4 restart Their routers or renown load the app
100% of the time we done this 10 to 20 times hence why we contact you because none the above work ..and for you just reply to switch off or redownload it again going work

This is YOUR app problem just fix the issue and send us the update
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV I'm also receiving this issue, it's clearly an app fault not the service provider, as I'm sure you've already noticed TalkTalk seems to be a frequent excuse, however I'm with Virgin Media and I'm also facing the same buffering issues. The solutions provided clearly wouldn't solve this kind of issue, such as rebooting the PlayStation in safe mode when the other media player apps work just fine. Please consult the technical team and get this fixed right away, seems this has far exceeded it's lifetime when you consider how long ago this thread was first posted. Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv on my ps4 keeps turning my wifi of after watching 20mins of a film this is not good as i am paying for this and have to reboot each time please help.