cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS5 locked at 25fps despite Boost

I'm watching Sky Sports on the Now TV app, and I've got the Boost, but even though I've got 1080p and surround sound, the 50fps sports channels are at 25fps. Is there a fix? I've tried talking to about 6 live chat assistants and each one has been utterly useless

4 REPLIES 4
nickroll
Mentor

Recently got a PS5, have Boost for sports and it does feel like 25fps. I spoke to live chat and they suggested Settings > Saved Data & Game/App Settings > Game Presets > switch to Performance Mode. I thought this was odd because I'd be surprised if the Now TV app was referencing this but tried it anyway. But it still feels juddery and is not 50fps. They don't seem to acknowledge a 50fps issue on PS5 - is anyone else experiencing it?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nickroll 

I don't own a Games Console, but on certain NowTV playback devices that i own if i use either Automatic or 4K 60hz or 1080p 60hz on the device playback settings it introduces judder because it doesn't match the native frame rate of NowTV Boost.

Should you Sony PlayStation offers forced 50hz output instead of Auto or 60hz then try that when watching NowTV Sports with Boost.

Might be worth a try if you haven't done it already just in case you are actually seeing 50fps converted to 60hz on the PS5.

Also maybe try signing out and back into the NowTV App to see if that makes any difference.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nickroll 

So according to the Boost pass details website the PS5 should have all features of boost. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of NOW TV Boost:

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • Any NOW TV Box
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
  • Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • A supported Samsung TV
  • Sony TV (most models from 2016)
  • PS4
  • PS5

Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall it? 

Unplug the router for a few minutes?

If you've done the simple things and still no joy, head onto Live chat. Just make sure to click "chat online" within the green box. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or send an email to customer support. Address in below picture.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m pretty certain there is an issue with ps5 and 50 FPS might be wrong but sure I saw it somewhere.