cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyFett
Scholar 3

PS5 NowTV app video issue

I have been using NowTV via the app on PS5 for the last couple of weeks. 

There is definitely a small 'stutter' in the picture every few seconds. Audio is absolutely fine and no lip-sync issues either. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I also use the NowTV app on my Sony Android TV and my PS4 - it works perfectly on both these devices with no stutter at all. 

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
5 Replies
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: PS5 NowTV app video issue

@MikeyFett 

The PS5 is very new there is probably just a few minor bugs in it that will get worked out over the next week or so kind of expected I would say with new devices.

If you want you can report the issues to Live Chat

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv

0 Thanks
MikeyFett
Scholar 3

@Enapace

Agreed. That was my view aswell - the PS5 app will be brand new software and the user base is small but growing. 

I believe I have narrowed the issue down to the app but would be good to guage by other PS5 users. 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@MikeyFett 

Least from the start they have fully supported it only thing it doesn't have is On Demand even the NowTV box doesn't have that yet.

0 Thanks
MikeyFett
Scholar 3

@Enapace

I was quite impressed with the recently released Android TV app though. Downloaded and started using it straightaway - it is flawless. Has taken over from PS4 as my NowTV app of choice. 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@MikeyFett 

Ah okay i would of thought the PS4 app with one of the good media remotes you can get with access to bonus streams would of been better.

0 Thanks