cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS5 Media Remote

Is there a way to access the search and options using the official Sony media remote for the PS5?

With the controller you press triangle. There is no triangle on the media remote and you don't seem to be able to select it using the directional buttons.

Really bad app UX design if you can't access it. I hate the layout of the app as it is and find the search the only way to get anywhere useful.

(Labelled as PS4 because the forum won't let me use PS5 as a label)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a PS4 or PS5 and i am guessing you have tried a long press of the enter button centre of the directional keys on the Sony Media remote which is the method for opening the option pop up for the search and TV Guide on a Fire Stick.

I doubt the above will work because my guess the Sony Media remote wasn't taken into consideration when NOW developed the App for the PlayStation (might be wrong because i don't own any PS hardware).

I would have thought on the bottom horizontal grid row of the PS5 NOW home screen there would be a search and TV Guide tile box to click on for these two features ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a PS4 or PS5 and i am guessing you have tried a long press of the enter button centre of the directional keys on the Sony Media remote which is the method for opening the option pop up for the search and TV Guide on a Fire Stick.

I doubt the above will work because my guess the Sony Media remote wasn't taken into consideration when NOW developed the App for the PlayStation (might be wrong because i don't own any PS hardware).

I would have thought on the bottom horizontal grid row of the PS5 NOW home screen there would be a search and TV Guide tile box to click on for these two features ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Ooooh, the long press thing works. Thanks. 😀