cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 subtitles

Recently been experiencing subtitles on movies but fine on all our other passes we have but it’s starting to drive my kids mad every time they choose a film it has subtitles anyone know how to solve this issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own a PS4, but when watching a movie showing subtitles, press either the pause button or info button on your PS4 controller and the movie info bar should appear on screen and there should be a bubble speech icon which you can disable.

Should the subtitles keep appearing on other movie titles automatically, then perhaps go into your PS4 menu settings and toggle the caption button on & off a couple of times to see if that permanently removes the subtitles on screen.

Instructions how to open the Captions settings on a PS4.

To display closed captions, press the OPTIONS button during content playback, and then select (Control Panel) > (Closed Captions).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own a PS4, but when watching a movie showing subtitles, press either the pause button or info button on your PS4 controller and the movie info bar should appear on screen and there should be a bubble speech icon which you can disable.

Should the subtitles keep appearing on other movie titles automatically, then perhaps go into your PS4 menu settings and toggle the caption button on & off a couple of times to see if that permanently removes the subtitles on screen.

Instructions how to open the Captions settings on a PS4.

To display closed captions, press the OPTIONS button during content playback, and then select (Control Panel) > (Closed Captions).