cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app issues

I am having all the same issues as other customers. You are sending everyone around in circles doing the same things and everyone is telling you it isn't working! I cannot believe I'm reading back to over a year ago when these issues had been raised and you still have no solution. If this isn't resolved soon I will report this myself to watchdog and trading standards for wasting customers time and money!! There is an obvious issue with your app and you still haven't released an update since June!! Outrageous service !
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan, when I am watching anything, either on catch up or live there is a loading symbol. Or sometimes it freezes. I then have to go out of the programme and back in at random intervals. Sometimes I have to restart the PlayStation completely. It's nothing to do with my Internet as my now TV box works completely fine. I thought at first it was the router, then I moved the PlayStation downstairs (closer to where my router is) and still the same issues. The box is away from the router and works perfectly okay along with all other devices in my home. Also other apps such as Netflix do not encounter this issue so internet connection is ruled out. It is your app on PlayStation. I would suggest someone from your team analyse for bugs. Reading through other forums all of the above has been explained to now tv many times in great detail. There obviously has been no effort to fix the bug otherwise you would have released an update which you haven't for some months...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for giving us a bit more information on the viewing issues you've been having on the PS4 app.

Would you be able to try running a network test from your PS4 just to confirm that it's communicating to the router the best it can?

It's could be worth trying an Ethernet cable too, just to rule this out. The more information we can gather about what's been tried and your set up, the easier we'll be able to address issues.

Thanks 🙂

Rob

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is your app that is the issue google ps4 now tv and see all the posts all other devices work fine ps3 works wireless upstairs no problem the ps4 with a wired connection does not listen the people having their money taken for a service that is broken get someone to pull their head out of whatever hole its wedged in and fix it stop blaming customers for your problems just fix it or refund 6 weeks subscription to everybody 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app won't let me sign in and watch tv, on my mobile device works fine... I run some diagnostics looked thru the threads on how to manage the problem but I'm afraid it won't work... You see the app on the PS4 was set up incorrectly, the problem is that most PS4 is connected to TV via HDMI cable.. therefore app won't let you sign as is have a security program in place to not allow people watch it on big screen... The app that runs on PS4 platform needs to be fixed! You can't use the same app across platforms!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

PS4 app won't let me sign in and watch tv, on my mobile device works fine... I run some diagnostics looked thru the threads on how to manage the problem but I'm afraid it won't work... You see the app on the PS4 was set up incorrectly, the problem is that most PS4 is connected to TV via HDMI cable.. therefore app won't let you sign as is have a security program in place to not allow people watch it on big screen... The app that runs on PS4 platform needs to be fixed! You can't use the same app across platforms!

Hi @Anonymous User Can you elaborate on this please? Have you tried uninstalling and intsalling the app? What kind of error code do you get? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simon again sending me around trying to reinstall the app again (which I have done) and telling me to change settings on my PlayStation is just wasting time . Also do you not question how poor your app is if you have to ask customers to change settings on their regular devices just so they can attempt to run now TV! There is obviously a bug in your app, why don't you send one of your engineers round in circles trying to find that and realease an update so we can all stop experiencing the same problem!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you let us know what error you're seeing exactly @Anonymous User?

Do you see it when you're signing in or trying to play content?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having problems too.

Simon- don't you know all PS4s are set up the same? They're not PCs with different settings or set ups. The only difference between customers using PS4 would be the TVs used.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting.

Would you be able to explain the nature of the issues your having? We understand that there maybe issues with the PS4 app but we would also look into these on an individual basis as everyone's setup is different and their maybe something we can do to help improve your experience.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team