cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D Hi it’s now over 6 weeks since you advised you were looking into compensation and all the posts on this board seem to be getting ignored now. 

Im just going to cancel both my subscriptions and my continuous card payment for entertainment and sport and be done with sky for good. Appalling service 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D you seem to be missing the point, we've been reporting this problem for months and its taken this long for you to acknowledge its a problem. Your complaint workers are telling us they know its a problem with the PS4 update and your technical team are working on an update to your app, then your telling us its still under investigation. It seems that NOW TV dont seem to know whats going on and are giving out differing updates.

You said yesterday that you will find out what's happening and once again someone has failed to update us. Also why is it only on a Monday that the right people are available, do they only work Mondays?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem also with Fastweb (Italy).

it’s impossible that I can’t see nothing for about 2 months!!

every other streaming services works well!

it’s time to resolve or stop paying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to this. 

Ive been digging into the sky go forums and exactly the same fault at the same time. Coincidence is out of the question. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D @Karl-F

You seem to be giving out mixed messages and still not admitting that there is a fault with your app after the ps4 update, yet I have a complaint open with you Ref: 03302549 where on 22/06 you advised me "Our concerned team has identified an issue and have updated that the issue is happening post the update to Software version 5.55 and NOW TV app version 2.06

The issue is being worked and should be resolved as soon as possible."

and on 02/07 you advised me "We are working with PS4 to roll out an update as soon as possible as the issue started only after the new update"

so whats the truth?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D@Karl-FI've just been on one for many live chats chasing up the status of this issue.

During this chat the adviser admitted there is a fault with the PS4 app.

"YASHASWINI (‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018‎ ‎11‎:‎58‎:‎50): John, it is a on going issue with all the ps4 device which our customers are facing the issue, the technical team is trying to get this issue sorted. "

So I totally agree with @Anonymous User that you are giving out mixed messages.  I think the truth is Nowtv have not got a clue what is going on.

Yet again asked if there is an know issue then why not post this on the service status page.  Yet a gain the question was ignored and not answered.  

One peice of good new I have recieved voucher codes for one months tv and movies due to this issue.  So guys keep push for this.

The downside they arent much use if you cant use the service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought I was going mad and my BT Internet was to blame, but it's good (although kind of bad) to see its not just me experiencing the app buffering constantly. 

I do have a now tv stick which is fine and the app on my phone and ipad are trouble free, but I don't always want to sit in the dining room to watch the sport. 

Can we please get some sort of answer, or at least acknowledgement of the problem please? Seems a pretty ###### poor way to run a business to me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use BT Fibre and average usually 64-69mbps. 

If you could pass on a big thank you from me in the meantime for ruining the Open this weekend and all sport I've barely been able to watch in the last month that would be great. Again, an insane amount of time to get such a big issue fixed and still no mention of any form of compensation given the stupid amount you charge to watch the services in the first place.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hope this gets sorted as soon as possible! I’m another one experiencing the same on going issue with the constant buffering. Was bloody well looking forward to watching Thor Ragnarok too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm my PS4 now tv live stream is working better, but if I try to watch anything from the library it still buffers, stops and says there is something wrong