cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yet more misinformation @Simon-J @Tony-D @Karl-F

Your advising its fixed yet I get this update from my complaint 03302549 this morning "

Sorry for the delay in contacting you regarding the issue.

We have found out the issue and we are working on a fix. It should be sorted shortly.

If you are still facing the buffering issues, close the app completely and re-launch the app. This should help you to play content on your PS4."

So theyre advising youre still working on a fix, which is it?

Yeah @Anonymous User We've taken away show previews as they were causing the problem but that is just a temp fix as we work to see why the show previews we're causing a stoppage in loading.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates? February 2019 and still having the issue!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, into April and I'm having the issue.

Funny as it was fine for a while before it started acting up.

I only have it for Game of Thrones so will certainly be cancelling and I'll go to a mates to watch it. Netflix and Amazon have near flawless apps but now tv is very poor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've just started having this issue. I'm trying to watch greatest showman which played fine for the first hour but it's buffering every few minutes!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me, watching sport. Get a bit of buffering then the error message "Sorry, there was an error in the player."

Nothing seems to fix. I note in the Now TV app info, 2014? That's not the last update, surely?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D 

Hi Tony, 

Do you have an update on timescales regarding compensation for those effected? 

I’ve yet to hear anything and would have at least expected a private message letting me know it’s being dealt with and what the SLA is on this kind of thing. 

Your helps really appreciated, thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D@Simon-J

A week later and still no response? 

Honestly no idea if this is being dealt with or just being ignored isn’t he hope people will go away and not be recompensed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D @Simon-J @Karl-F

Great to see the level of customer service continues in regards to this issue with the lack of replies from the moderators.

Apart from that, what has everyone been offered as 'compensation' for the issue? Via my complaint they've offered me 3 months free.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was waiting for @Tony-D to get back to me as he said he wasgoing to look into compensation as I had no luck at all with the phone operators who didn’t even seem to know there had been an issue. 

But silence since then. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D

still problem for me in Italy...

Any news??

its like 3 month that I can’t see noting in my PS4...

its not possible all of this problem with no fix....