cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Tony-D

You havent acknowledged the previous 2 posts where we are being supplied different information than what you're posting on here. I've had a further reply to my complaint this morning advising

"

There seems to be some issue with the latest released update from PS4 due to which NOW TV app is not working properly.

Our concerned team is in contact with the PS4 team and working with them to find a fix as soon as possible."

So this again doesnt suggest there is an investigation into why people are getting the buffering but you have identified its the PS4 update and you are working on an update to your app. I'll ask again, what's the truth?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

You havent acknowledged the previous 2 posts where we are being supplied different information than what you're posting on here. I've had a further reply to my complaint this morning advising

"

There seems to be some issue with the latest released update from PS4 due to which NOW TV app is not working properly.

Our concerned team is in contact with the PS4 team and working with them to find a fix as soon as possible."

So this again doesnt suggest there is an investigation into why people are getting the buffering but you have identified its the PS4 update and you are working on an update to your app. I'll ask again, what's the truth?

@Anonymous User Like i was saying i am only just back to work recently and have to get sped up on the whole thing. I'm only trying to help. I'll find out more about this issue today as it's aMonday and the right people to ask will be available. I really want to know personally if the hotspot suggestion has worked as that has worked in the past for specific devices that had the exact same problems. That feedback can be passed to our dev team and Sony if needed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony,

so the app now appears to be working. Thanks for getting a fix in for this finally, it’s appreciated . 

However how do we go about getting compensated for the months we’ve missed? It’s been at least 3 months I’ve paid for a service I haven’t been able to use, that’s before taking into account the 2 main shows I was wanting to watch (Atalanta and Westworld) aw now gone or most of the episodes are gone. 

If you could point me in the right direction to get I’d be really grateful. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F @Tony-D

Can you confirm an official fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D

Funny how you replied to a different thread yesterday yet you dont reply on this one, your lack of customer service continues.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Tony-D

Funny how you replied to a different thread yesterday yet you dont reply on this one, your lack of customer service continues.

Been extremely busy in here with the latest sale but i'll certainly look into compensation. I'll have to check each individuals viewing history and get in touch with someone who can authorize multiple transactions but i'll report back on this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's good that it now appears to be working.  I was on the live chat at the weekend asking if it had be been fixed.

They knew nothing about it.

Yet another example not having a clue or not caring about what is going on.

Nobody has had answered my question why if there was a known issue why you did not display it on your status page. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's good that it now appears to be working.  I was on the live chat at the weekend asking if it had be been fixed.

They knew nothing about it.

Yet another example not having a clue or not caring about what is going on.

Nobody has had answered my question why if there was a known issue why you did not display it on your status page. 

Hi @Anonymous User I have been chatting to a few guys in contact with the Dev team and they are going to update everyone in the next few days.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

We've had word that some changes have been made that should hopefully improve the buffering issues.

Please test out the app and let us know if you seen an improvement. If you don't please make us aware here so we can let our teams know.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet more misinformation @Simon-J @Tony-D @Karl-F

Your advising its fixed yet I get this update from my complaint 03302549 this morning "

Sorry for the delay in contacting you regarding the issue.

We have found out the issue and we are working on a fix. It should be sorted shortly.

If you are still facing the buffering issues, close the app completely and re-launch the app. This should help you to play content on your PS4."

So theyre advising youre still working on a fix, which is it?