cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

I am also using BTfibre 

On your guide to prevet buffing you say to clear the app save data on the playstation and reinstall the app.

I have found that i have no record of the Nowtv in the app save data.  This is also in a different menu structure than what you list.

Is it possible you are trying to write the film data to a part of the memory/disk that is no longer accessable on the latest version of the PS4 os.  As this cannot be store we are seeing the constant buffering as the data packets are being lost.

Once again why not put some info on your service status page.

JP

Anonymous User
Not applicable

West world is leaving nowtv tomorrow and I’ve still got 5 episodes I’ve been unable to watch because of this stupid app error. 

Im paying for a service that is un-useable and all the customer service reps say is the same scripted troubleshooting nonsense. Everyone being effected by this should be fully recompensed, it’s been over 2 months now, I’d expect a refund already for this time as well as some form of free period for all the inconvenience this has caused everyone 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D.  

Can you please advise what is going on.

Why do you not post there is an issue regrding the PS4 on your service status page

Why is the infomation given by you live chat team out of date and could also cause bigger isues on the home network by causing adress clashes.

Whey are case automatically closed after 3-4 day if the cusotmer does not contact NowTV even though the advise you give is that youe will be in contact.

Why is it now several months that you have know about this issue yet nothing appears to be being done and no updates to the customers

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Tony-D.  

Can you please advise what is going on.

Why do you not post there is an issue regrding the PS4 on your service status page

Why is the infomation given by you live chat team out of date and could also cause bigger isues on the home network by causing adress clashes.

Whey are case automatically closed after 3-4 day if the cusotmer does not contact NowTV even though the advise you give is that youe will be in contact.

Why is it now several months that you have know about this issue yet nothing appears to be being done and no updates to the customers

Hi @Anonymous User I haven't been on the forum for a while but i will try my best to find out what is going on. When i saw this thread yesterday i went as far as going home last night and testing it on both my PS4 and PS4 Pro again, plus i got my brother to check his and no issues were identified so i'm going to have to dig deeper to find the issue. It does seem to be an issue if posts on this forum are anything to go by. Do you guys have plenty of  space on your HDD's yeah? The issue i have myself is that my contorller stops working upon entering a media app like NOW TV but even weirder is the fact that YouTube starts going crazy when i try to watch a video. Have any of you guys experienced that at all? If you guys Hotspot from your phone do you still see the same buffering issues? That way, we could identify if its a certain provider throttling NOW TV or a fault within the app itself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube works fine as does the Netflix and Prime.  I have plenty of space on my HDD. I cannot really try the hotspot as I have terrible 4G here.

I have mentioned it to several people but the menu structure has change on the PS4 since you have wrote the guide about clearing app save data.  

On my system nowTV does not even show in the app save data.  My hunch is that the steam is trying to be store into in the worng area or an area it does not have access to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D

Im really sorry but I laughed at your message. This is the same kind of reaction we have all had from online live chat I believe. I find it hard to believe because I know of 3 people with the same issue. 

Im on PS4 pro and have plenty of space an my HDD. 

Im also using Bt fibre. If your checking it I know for sure I try watching the seal team sky 1 show which is impossible. 

I have however noticed that the sky go app for the PlayStation is having exactly the same problem. Not sure coincidence or what but it started at the same time. All other service like Netflix and amazon are perfect. 

Just need some acknowledment on the on the service page maybe. Or if there is no end sight to this maybe as compensation hand out some of the new sticks for us to use instead. And maybe increase available device list by 1 to allow it. 

Im sorry about the first line but it just seems like you don’t believe us all. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Tony-D

Im really sorry but I laughed at your message. This is the same kind of reaction we have all had from online live chat I believe. I find it hard to believe because I know of 3 people with the same issue. 

Im on PS4 pro and have plenty of space an my HDD. 

Im also using Bt fibre. If your checking it I know for sure I try watching the seal team sky 1 show which is impossible. 

I have however noticed that the sky go app for the PlayStation is having exactly the same problem. Not sure coincidence or what but it started at the same time. All other service like Netflix and amazon are perfect. 

Just need some acknowledment on the on the service page maybe. Or if there is no end sight to this maybe as compensation hand out some of the new sticks for us to use instead. And maybe increase available device list by 1 to allow it. 

Im sorry about the first line but it just seems like you don’t believe us all. 

@Anonymous User Hi, I believe you all. I can check on the buffering date for each individual account and it is definielty happening on all accounts im just trying to figure out why exactly it 's happening on Certain PS4's. Hardwired and Wirelss (i take it this has been tried too yeah?) I will pass it on to get some sort of acknowledgement. The bitrate all seems fine too and the internet connections seem to be perfect for streaming NOW TV. It's either an issue with certain BT firmwares and SKU's not working properly with NOW TV and SKY GO.

@Anonymous User Have you tried a Hot Spot to see if it is a dodgey interaction between certain BT Hubs and the PS4? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D yes ive tried it with a hard wire and unfortunately my mobile signal is extremely bad where i live to try a hotspot. 

like the other comments. Is there only you (1 person) working on this. While your off does the whole technical team come to a stand still. Honestly been about 4 months if not longer now. Thats alot of money for nothing. 

Are you just not acknowledging this because your scared of the finacial compensation youll have to provide if you acknowledged the fault 4 or 5 months ago. because i think tuff. If people took us all serious a few months ago we may be on a road to recovery. However it seems like after all that time only in the last week has this been getting worked on. Your people need to realise these things dont just go away as if by magic

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D also im reading that compensation has been claimed. However only a month. This been going on for a lot longer. And what if we have entertainment and movies. I was paying for sky sports also for 2 months with little use because of this god awful buffering. Cancelled it in the end but still owe me 2 months in my eyes. Plus 4 or 5 months of movies and entertainment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey guys, if you are using talk talk as a broadband provider then check out my post a fix has been given to the customers.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Consoles/Talk-talk-and-Now-TV/m-p/472852#M4960