cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're very sorry for the issues you have encountered when watching NOW TV on your PS4. 

We have raised this issue to out tech teams and it is currently under investigation. 

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, as soon as we have an update we'll post within this thread. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have an update on this.  The guys on live chat deny any issues and keep repeating the poor information regarding setting static up address etc

Your instructions are out of date and do not match the latest menu structure for the ps4.

Your instructions for picking a random IP address can cause bet work clashes.

Why does the service status not show this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F @Anonymous User

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Really sorry @Anonymous User, 

I've chased for an update however our teams are still investigating the issue at this moment in time. 

I'll have another chase later today to see if there's an update. 

Sorry again,

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As this issue has been going on far too long I'm assuming everyone affected with be eligible to a refund?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both live and library are still buffering on my ps4, the adverts at the start of a library film has come back. Gone back to watching telly on my PS3, no problems there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody from the company going to comment on the refund aspect? I checked my app for weeks everyday for fixes but it just makes me angry everytime I do now and without the app or ps4 itself updating I can't see there being a fix. This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had as you get the same basic response on the phone as you do from online chat advisors which is a serious lack of acknowledgement given the length of time this issue has gone on for. 

I'd actually be appeased if there was a bloody explanation on the software issue itself. I doubt anybody in this thread lacks the capacity to understand an honest answer or progress update on what the hell is going on. We are all being treat like complete mugs and a 'chase' from Karl once a week is not acceptable (I appreciate it's not his fault directly). 

The UK open is on this Thursday and I'll be gutted if I have to do what I've done with the F1 and watch it on my phone for the 4 days. Are we even going to have a resolution before the football starts again?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Enough is enough. 

I log log on to day to see if theirs any progress or news on anythingthing related to this matter. Nothing worthwhile. 

I see a little red border at top of screen warning of an issue in Portsmouth. Couldn’t you acknowledge the PS4 issue the same way. 

Honestly this his has been months now. Are the paying customers on PS4 not as important as others. 

We we need to have a serious talk about refund. 3 months my wreckoning this has been going on for. 3 months of a unusable service. I assume by no talk of reimbursements you are just gonna say it’s one of those things. Is there any chance this could be moved up a priority level @Karl-F. Doesn’t seem like you are taking this seriously. Why haven’t you sent an email to acknowledge anything. 

Worst customer experience ever. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding this issue. Our teams are actively investigating it and are working hard to pin point the cause. We’re looking to see if it’s related to the latest 5.55 release from Sony on the PS4 device, or between specific internet providers and our app.

Please let us know if you’re willing to provide some additional information or to test the latest release of the app if needed.  

We will post updates here as soon as we know more.  

Thanks,

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,

I am happy to provide any extra details and to test new releases of the app.

One suggestion would if you actually put something on your service status page acknoledging there is an issue.  This would be helpful to everyone and save a lot of hassel for your guys on the live chat.

Regards

John