cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me, started recently and like the other posters I've tried the various suggested fixes to no avail. Other apps, internet speed etc. all fine. Also the app runs fine on my tablet, it's only the Ps4 app that's bugged.

PS4 software version: 5.55

Now TV version: 2.06

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi has anyone heard anything back about this? The same thing has been happening to me for a week or two and I can’t watch my box sets as they buffer every 10 seconds or so and it’s really got me thinking I’ll have no option other than to cancel my subscription
Anonymous User
Not applicable

did you ever get this looked into @Karl-F?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. It's 2.06, and I'm running the 5.53-01 system software.