cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a constant cause of frustration. Amazon Video and Netlfix on the PS4 have NO problems with buffering - never - not once. NowTV app on the PS4 repeatedly buffers.

I've been through the various suggestions on these forums, fixed IPs etc, but nothing resolves the problem.

Watching NowTV in a browser on my laptop does not buffer.

NowTV really need to test their app properly. It would be nice to hear from NowTV that they are working on the app and actively trying to resolve this problem as it's clear this is widespread for PS4 users.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been doing for me a couple of weeks now... works fine on my mobile and the family Now TV Box... however I am seriously considering cancelling the subscription all together, clearly the lack of Customer Support is a massive issue and the fact I havent been able to watch anything though I pay for the services...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think nearly all of us with a ps4 have got the same issue.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling and all the other 'fixes' suggested and they don't work, it's the actual app that's got a bug in it somewhere, but Now TV don't seem to want to acknowledge that for some reason. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been going on for me for around a month now! Its disgusting to think i pay for this. I cant even stream from my phone to the smart tv because its not allowed!.. legit want to watch game of thrones before its removed. I dont know about everyone else but why would i want to watch tv shows on my phone when i paid for a now TV!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem it's an absolute joke now! Over a month it's been going on,tried everything and it's still the same, don't think I can pay for this (can't even call it a service) anymore.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having exactly the same problem. Tried everything suggested. Don’t know if it’s a coincidence but sky go app on PS4 is doing the same.
Everything else works perfect (amazon prime, Netflix etc).
Even my nowtv box downstairs works fine.

Time to sort this out now. I’ve been having this problem for about 3 weeks and it’s driving me crazy.

Please sort it out
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same issue here.
I subscribed to watch Westworld and managed to get up to episode 6 until a few weeks ago when this buffering issue started. Now I’ve only got 4 days until season 1 is gone! Everything else (Netflix Prime etc) works fine... Unacceptable!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone from NOW TV read these forums? How can we escalate this issue as its affecting a number of us.

I've tried contacting them via the live chat, they went through the troubleshooting, which i'd already completed, then when I asked to complain they said they would pass me to the relevant team, 30 mins later I gave up from being put on hold. I then raised a message to them, they finally replied back today asking what the problem is.

The support is atrocious,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV, also see these threads reporting exactly the same problem https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Consoles/Now-tv-keeps-buffering-ps4/m-p/468979#M4819 and https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Consoles/PS4-buffering/m-p/468580#M4798 with this number of people reporting the same issue then the problem must be your end.

I would suggest at least keeping us updated.