cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i've had a response from my 'complaint', if now tv have even raised it as a complaint, it seems there online chat and 'complaints' team are outsourced offshore:

"We did had a few contacts of customers who were using PS4 and was unable to watch NOW TV as there was an issue but the issue has been sorted and it should work as usual...

To get a better clarification on the issue, if you have Mobile Data, I suggest you to tether it to your PS4 via Mobile Hotspot and give it a try."

Has anyone else found that 'the issue has been soreted'? I've asked for clarification when it was sorted.

Has anyone tried tethering from the PS4?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still happening

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just tried watching an episode of Legion, and it's buffered 5 times in less than 9 minutes, so no, the problem isn't solved, at least not for me. And I'm not tethering my damn phone to the PS4 just so I can make use of an app - if they consider that a solution to the problem (one they apparently think is resolved anyway) then the problem is not solved in the slightest. In case they still think it's an issue with internet service, I'm currently watching Netflix in 4K via my PS4 instead and... it's fine. Of course it's fine, because I only have a problem with the Now TV PS4 app. 

I don't really see I have any alternative but to cancel at this stage. There's no real point paying for a service I can't use on my primary home streaming device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same. Just started about a week ago.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem here. I think it started after a recent PS4 software update. Is there a way to revert to a previous PS4 software?

Now TV Version 2.06

PS4 System Software 5.55

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had this issue since the last NowTv update when the layout changed. Same as everybody else... all other internet based services working perfect from gaming to streaming tv. I can browse through content on NowTv and then it is unwatchable as soon as you put any programme on. This has been intermittent for the last month as I believe there was about a week or so when the problem did subside but then has started again this week and is worse the ever! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, perfect internet and no buffering on any other service.

have emailed them, if no solution by the end of the week,  I will cancel the package with them.

not paying for something that DOESNT WORK!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spoke to their online chat which was a massive waste of time. The guy even confirmed there's been a lot of customers with the same issue and refused to give a time frame. He said I would get emailed when it's fixed. Had no answer as to why there was no clarity on the issue or what caused it etc. I pointed out that Amazon prime and Netflix work and even NowTv on my mobile phone functions perfectly on the same WiFi. He just said 'I understand'. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is an absolute joke. It’s been weeks and weeks now. Over a month if I remember rightly. 

The customer service is diabolical. They know there is a problem but aren’t being up front. I’ve used them for a while now and everything was fine. It’s a joke and as you can tell I’m not happy. 

How can can paying customers be treat this way. I give them 1 more week then I’m done. I’m using the other apps on the PS4 absolutely fine and will have no problem cancelling nowtv

Anonymous User
Not applicable