Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

Re: PS4 app buffering

@TheWorldIsYours wrote:

Yet more misinformation @Simon-J @Tony-D @Karl-F

Your advising its fixed yet I get this update from my complaint 03302549 this morning "

Sorry for the delay in contacting you regarding the issue.

We have found out the issue and we are working on a fix. It should be sorted shortly.

If you are still facing the buffering issues, close the app completely and re-launch the app. This should help you to play content on your PS4."

So theyre advising youre still working on a fix, which is it?

Yeah @TheWorldIsYours We've taken away show previews as they were causing the problem but that is just a temp fix as we work to see why the show previews we're causing a stoppage in loading.

0 Thanks
CDML86
Occasional Poster

@Tony-D 

Hi Tony, 

Do you have an update on timescales regarding compensation for those effected? 

I’ve yet to hear anything and would have at least expected a private message letting me know it’s being dealt with and what the SLA is on this kind of thing. 

Your helps really appreciated, thanks. 

0 Thanks
CDML86
Occasional Poster

@Tony-D@Simon-J

A week later and still no response? 

Honestly no idea if this is being dealt with or just being ignored isn’t he hope people will go away and not be recompensed. 

0 Thanks
TheWorldIsYours
Contributor 4

@Tony-D @Simon-J @Karl-F

Great to see the level of customer service continues in regards to this issue with the lack of replies from the moderators.

Apart from that, what has everyone been offered as 'compensation' for the issue? Via my complaint they've offered me 3 months free.

0 Thanks
CDML86
Occasional Poster

I was waiting for @Tony-D to get back to me as he said he wasgoing to look into compensation as I had no luck at all with the phone operators who didn’t even seem to know there had been an issue. 

But silence since then. 

0 Thanks
L3wis
Occasional Poster

@Tony-D

still problem for me in Italy...

Any news??

its like 3 month that I can’t see noting in my PS4...

its not possible all of this problem with no fix....

0 Thanks
CDML86
Occasional Poster

@Tony-D Hi it’s now over 6 weeks since you advised you were looking into compensation and all the posts on this board seem to be getting ignored now. 

Im just going to cancel both my subscriptions and my continuous card payment for entertainment and sport and be done with sky for good. Appalling service 

Highlighted
jeremygc
Contributor 1

This is a constant cause of frustration. Amazon Video and Netlfix on the PS4 have NO problems with buffering - never - not once. NowTV app on the PS4 repeatedly buffers.

I've been through the various suggestions on these forums, fixed IPs etc, but nothing resolves the problem.

Watching NowTV in a browser on my laptop does not buffer.

NowTV really need to test their app properly. It would be nice to hear from NowTV that they are working on the app and actively trying to resolve this problem as it's clear this is widespread for PS4 users.

0 Thanks
josh5592
First Poster

Been doing for me a couple of weeks now... works fine on my mobile and the family Now TV Box... however I am seriously considering cancelling the subscription all together, clearly the lack of Customer Support is a massive issue and the fact I havent been able to watch anything though I pay for the services...

0 Thanks
AF3
First Poster

Any updates? February 2019 and still having the issue!!! 

0 Thanks