cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 app buffering

I know there are other posts about this, but I can't find a solution that works for me.

My PS4 app has, in the last two days, stopped working usefully. I can open it and browse the content, and I can stream the adverts that show when I select a programme to watch. However, when I get to the selected show, I may get a few seconds of play, but then the coloured balls appear to stay. It's very frustrating. Sometimes it might play another few seconds after a few minutes, but that's not useable.

As so many other users have described, my wifi signal is strong, with good speeds. Other streaming apps, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, all work fine. My Now TV apps on PS3 and Macbook also work fine. I deduce, therefore, that it is not my account, the PS4, or my broadband that are at fault, but the PS4 app.

I've tried deleting and reinstalled the app and the data; I've rebuilt the database. Nothing has worked. It's been working fine right up until the last couple of days,

Any ideas gratefully received.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spoke too soon the live stream is still playing up

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having this problem for s few weeks now. Any new news or progress?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have this issue on both my ps4 systems. its very frustrating as i have just signed back up with the service which worked fine last time. waste of £8 at the moment. this should be sorted or people will start expecting refunds!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

any chance of an update @Karl-F?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on now tv. Some communication would be nice. 

How is is this not your top priority. If by the end of this week I have not received any information and it’s not fixed I will either want a refund of some sorts or I’m cancelling. I also pay for sports and movies so this should be a big deal. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The now tv advert that loads at the start of a library viewing isn't showing, so is it that trying to load I wonder?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are experiencing this .  Only through the PS4 app has been happening for a few weeks and have contacted Now TV live chat on a number of occasions.  Please can we have an update on when this is going to be sorted ?  The problem has severely effected the viewing standard and if the problem is not sorted soon I will have to cancel the subscription and will be looking for reimbursement for the last 3 weeks since I started complaining . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are experiencing exactly the same issues as reported. The app was working until about a week ago, now whenever we try to play any content the adverts work fine and then once the actual programme starts there's constant buffering making the service unusable. I have tried a wired connection, deleted the app, deleted data etc and still the same.

The lack of official response on here is unnacceptable, with so many reporting the same problem its obvious there is an issue.

Please let us know whats happening and when it will be fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same issues detailed above are happening to me as well. I've also tried all the delete, delete & reinstall, static IP and rebuild database stuff with no improvement. The constant buffering renders this streaming service unwatchable, it's really quite unacceptable.

All other streaming services (paid and free) are working just fine via my PS4.

App version: 2.06
System sofware: 5.55
Amount I pay a month to see that poxy buffering symbol pop up every 60 seconds: £4.99

Any update status on when this will be fixed, please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working! No problems with our connection at all. No problems with Netflix or Amazon Prime. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AND WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE FIXED?!