cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 Buffering issue, Sky servers/bandwidth issue?

Hi, for about the last month or so I have been unable to watch shows/movies on Now TV using the PS4 app due to buffering every 5 seconds. Previously the PS4 app worked flawlessly and so I know it is not my internet connection and in addition all other streaming services including Netflix and BBC Iplayer are unaffected and work fine in HD/4K.

My PS4 is wired into the router with a fixed IP on the network. I have tried completely deleting the Now TV app and data and re-downloading. I have also tried connecting wireless in case it was a wired network issue. I confirm no other device was downloading or using the internet when experiencing the buffering issues. I have tried resetting the router.

I have tried using the phone app with chromecast, but the streaming quality was worse than standard definition and unwatchable. It therefore appears to be an issue with your servers and not the PS4 app specifically. I would have also tried your android app natively on my android tv but unfortunately your developers have yet to implement leanback launcher support into the existing android app to allow it to work natively on android tvs.

Please can you confirm whether this is a known issue and when you will be fixing this. While the service is currently unusable, I assume I can expect a full refund each month for failure to provide the service I have paid for?

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same issue but only with th Now TV app on my ps4. Everything else works perfectly. It has only been for a short time, I'd say a few weeks, that I've noticed it. It has put me off watching my favourite show knowing I have to wait. Even pausing for an amount of time only succeeds in playing 5 mins at most. When will we have a solution for this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We need to link these threads together into one to highlight the problems to them, see https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Consoles/PS4-app-buffering/m-p/469166/highlight/false#M4825

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My router is a Netgear R7000 with dd-wrt. No settings changes or firmware updates at the time the buffering issue started that could have been cause. My broadband is standard adsl with Origin.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

use to use Netgear, but I find that there was problems with this system, I would say, chane routas!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Experiencing the same issue, frequent pauses through PS4, not very good really, and there's an advert everytime I start up I don't think I will continue with it past my current pass, I almost caved and took up the F1 deal but can't imagine how frustrating it will be to watch a live stream. I get the advert flawless of course.

All other streaming services work fine at much higher quality. I'm using sky broadband and am wired, tends to be an issue around peak hours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I am having the same problem. I don't have any issues with Netflix, Amazon etc just Now TV.   I am using WiFi and I'm on Virgin Media 200mb.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, happening to us too, Virgin media also. All other apps are OK, and tv programmes are working. But films keep buffering. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t work for Now but wondered if you’d had any router changes? An update perhaps which has thrown something in your settings? 😕