cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv Xbox One App Ireland

Now that NowTV is available in Ireland when will the NowTV app be available in the irish Xbox app store? Sky really need to up their game, amazon and netflix offer a far better experience at the moment, the lack of an Xbox app means i will not be re-subscribing once my current pass ends.

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
Clicking on
same, there's no indication whatsoever that the user is on a different
regional site - they both look the same!

I do agree that NowTV need to do some redesign of their home web pages which can come across a little confusing the only real give away is the prices of passes either in £ pounds for the UK site and € Euro for the Republic of Ireland site.

IMO the NowTV homepage should say in large capital letters NowTV (UK) for UK customers and NowTV (Ireland) for Republic of Ireland customers.

There should be also a bold direct link button on both sites to re direct customers to their retrospective geographical areas.

Also NowTV Ireland need their own dedicated community forum up and running ASAP.

@Karl-F  What is the time frame when NowTV Ireland will have their own community forum?

@Karl-F

Any chance of a reply from my above question ?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry  for the delay @schnapps

We haven't decided on a date to implement an ROI community at the moment. 

I't is something that we'll look at but I can't provide an exact date, sorry about that. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What an absolute crock of excrement this system is

<off topic rant>

I spent a good part of the afternoon resurrecting a PC to install this on. Windows updates and the lot.

Tried to sign in to NowTV on MS Edge - no joy, the most unfriendly error message ever - ' cannot log in, please try again later'. What on earth is that about?

Installed Chrome and managed to log in. Downloaded the Now TV player and clicked through on the programme I wanted to watch. 

IM LEFT SITTING LOOKING AT THOSE STUPID COLOURED BALLS ROTATING 

No matter how long I leave it, it won't load any content.

I've PAID for this service and I cannot get it to work on any device I try. Im not surprised people are turning to streaming services in their droves. I refuse to as I fundamentally disagree with stealing content but this would drive you opver the edge.

</off topic rant>

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are using Windows 7 or above have you tried Windows Internet Explorer 11 with Silverlight ?

See guide article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Finally got it working on a 3rd device (PC) but, even though I have a
decent fibre connection (~100Mbs), it's a poor quality image, skipping
quite a bit - especially annoying on sorts content.

This is not a good first time user experience

I'll try the IE11 approach.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now that NowTV is available in Ireland when will the NowTV app be available in the irish Xbox app store? Sky really need to up their game, amazon and netflix offer a far better experience at the moment, the lack of an Xbox app means i will not be re-subscribing once my current pass ends.

@Anonymous User

Hi there welcome to the fourm

Yes Ireland are currently trialing the Xbox app with Nowtv at the moment, and should be available for use by our customers soon. 

Thanks 

The nowtv team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello I live in Ireland and have been a subscriber of NowTV for past 4 or 5 years. I used to watch on my laptop.  I got a Xbox One console 18 months ago and with the help of forums, I managed to get the NowTV app installed on the Xbox One about 9 months ago.  However it has stopped working and is very annoying.  I get a blue screen sometimes and other times a message saying 'we are having trouble connecting to this app.  It is not my BB connection as can connect to Netflix without issue.  Any idea why this has happened?

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi there welcome to the fourm

Yes Ireland are currently trialing the Xbox app with Nowtv at the moment, and should be available for use by our customers soon. 

Thanks 

The nowtv team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Doireann, The Xbox one app is not currently available on the irish nowv service, xbox might have improved there geo-targeting as irish customers should'nt be able to access the UK service, But we are currently working hard to get Xbox one added to the available devices before the end of august. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, you could at least put a note to this effect here;

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device

I spent 20 mins pfaffing around and had to ensure insufferablbly perky Xbox support to be told;

'Reason for that is the application has no servers for the device to cater it for now.'

Would be helpful if you noted limited device availablity on your site AND IN YOUR ADVERTISING

Who'll be refunding me my NowTV sports subscription that I can't use because of this????

Disappointed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well, you could at least put a note to this effect here;

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device

I spent 20 mins pfaffing around and had to ensure insufferablbly perky Xbox support to be told;

'Reason for that is the application has no servers for the device to cater it for now.'

Would be helpful if you noted limited device availablity on your site AND IN YOUR ADVERTISING

Who'll be refunding me my NowTV sports subscription that I can't use because of this????

Disappointed.

@Anonymous User

Hi welcome to the Fourm, 

The irish website can be found here ienow.tv/help 

this will take you to the help article where you can find compatible devices which unfortunately does not include the Xbox 

Thanks the Nowtv Team.