cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Worst Customer Service EVER!!

I actually don’t know what to do other than cancel my passes at this point. The customer service team is an absolute shambles!!

Been having problems with the app on my PS4 since the last update. We only use the PS4 for TV downstairs on our main TV, but since the last update it has become practically unusable. 

I contacted NowTV about this on the 24th July, I was emailed and told that someone would be back in contact with me between 24-48 hours (25th-26th July) I emailed them on the 28th July asking if they had an update since they didn’t contact me back. I received an email response 29th saying it had been passed to a technical team. I have since heard absolutely nothing from them (5 days) and I have emailed them 4 times since then with every single email going ignored. 

My son has a NowTV box in his room that was working perfectly, but now his TV remote has broken and he can no longer use the box. So now I have been paying for a service for two weeks that it unusable. If I didn’t pay for my passes for two weeks I would have them cancelled. 

I have contacted live chat and all they keep saying is the technical team will contact me. I am absolutely disgusted that this can happen and I can just be pushed from pillar to post and then just totally ignored. I’ve contacted Facebook and Twitter who both can’t help me and tell me to speak to live chat. 

Absolutely horrendous. The worst customer service I have ever experienced!! 

Does anyone have a contact email from someone higher up I can contact about this? I’ve today emailed trading standards because I’m utterly disgusted in how NowTV have dealt with this issue, yet they’re still taking payments for an unusable service. 

32 REPLIES 32
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Saint1976  @Anonymous User 

Gavs

Saint is right, the help @sphrah requires can't be provided by anyone associated with this forum, and without knowing the specifics, I believe some professional help is needed and that cannot be provided here.

@sphrah, please take Saint's advice and call those numbers.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976  Thanks for stepping in and providing the number. 

Unfortunately we can’t help everyone, hopefully @Anonymous User calls and gets the help deserved to focus on getting back on track. 

@ukbobboy also thanks for the support where required.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear All

I can sense you re trying to antagonise me or are perhaps paid by newscorp -

however I can assure I well edcuated and I am fully aware on how to survive depression.

Anyone would be depressed if they had lost the family and young friends I have this year.

I am seperated from my family today due to illness.

I am not asking for your mental health support - and It was foolish to expect anything but derrision from NOWTV/Online forums.

Facts however remain facts and suicide is the most common form of death in the UK for men under 55 and women under 36. This is kept hidden from the public largely so that companies like this can run rough shod all over us. The saddest thing isn't me - its YOU standing up for people who couldnt give a rats about you.

Good day and goodbye

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So what did you expect from a customer forum? 

You came on the forum to rant about Now TV and we all came on to try help get whatever the issue was resolved.

Sorry to hear whatever you believe about @Saint1976 @ukbobboy  and myself. But to claim that we are trying to mock or antagonise you is just incorrect. We are all customers on here, I have zero affiliation with Now TV or Sky. In fact to say that I’m part of the media offends me, considering the nonsense that is constantly in the BBC and other media outlets. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The fact that THIS is even considered Customer Service by this company - should be all the warning flags you need

x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and I forget MERRY CHRISTMAS - check out all the other sites about NOWTV customer service before you sign up!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

For anyone reading I must apologise for how emotional I was on Christmas Eve - you see I was told I had won a competition and that I would have a free entertainment pass for the foreseeable future. On Christmas day no less - when trying to be honest and saying I didnt want a free movie pass because Id had one before and my brain was all foggy with the Christmas cold everyone seems to be getting in this country - they then told me that they had revoked my competition win. 

I had so much proof it existed and I still do and I will and I advise anyone to talk to Citizens Advice Beaureau.

Since then I ve had to provide my address and bank details?? I think this is so they can block me in future. They have also now blocked me from being able to talk to them on the opera browser. They tried to block me on Christmas day on firefox and that worked. 

I have numerous print screens I would like to share if anyone can tell me how to do so?

Is there an independent site to talk about such issues. 

As I have already said I did apologise for being emotional - but that wouldn't have happened without how I was treated. 

I believe my posts have caused upset as for the FIRST TIME in six years my account keeps being blocked - AND - they have also blocked my ability to talk to them on live chat. 

I have no way to contact them. This is the second time today I have to change my password. 

I tried to apologise on boxing day. I didn't think my ''rants'' on here would matter. I have always previously left NOWTV customer service with a feeling of immense gratitude. 

What happened to be on Christmas day was cruel and it takes someone with honour to admit to that.

I am able to admit my mistakes and apologise.

It does not seem to be the case on the other side with nowtv. 

It looks like these silly games are going to continue until I give up. And to be honest I will give up. 

The programs you get aren't that great anymore anyway. 

And I can watch them at my neighbours house. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Saint1976 

Hi Fellas

Let me take this down a notch, right now I'm having a Christmas drink and watching a YouTube video about bi-wiring a Hi-Fi amp to speakers, yeah bi-wiring is a thing, and I'm wondering is this a technical advance or just snake oil.

Also, bought myself another NAS computer off eBay, had some minor difficulties with the device but I've got it up and running and it's A-OK.  My PC was running out of space on it's HDs (yes, I have two) and I'm off loading GBs of data and docs to this new (old stock) NAS.

You know guys, it's kinda funny (peculiar) how we seem to depend on tech stuff more and more, stuff a few years ago literally did not exist. Plus, I'm doing stuff, like streaming music and watching multiple TV channels, that a few years ago I could never imagine in my wildest dreams. 

Personally. I think the technical advancements that's been achieved over the past few years has been good for us mere mortals.  But the political environment has become very toxic, I don't know if things will become more stable in 2021 and beyond but I do hope so.

UK Bob

PS.  Trying hard not to politicise my post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and let me say - your company wont survive printing the number for the Samiritans on its Help pages!

Bad move guys!!

If you can drive a human being to such despair on Christmas day - what does that say about you?

All I wanted was to honestly do the right thing - and in the process I was treated so cruelly and ran around in circles I spent the day crying.

I personally dont think ANYONE should have to put up with service like this.

And thats why I stand by everything Ive said.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User no one here works for sky/NowTV. I, a customer and community member, put the number of the Samaritans as you said you were contemplating suicide. 

No one is denying the facts related to suicide but the forum is here to help with technical related issues.  

I genuinely hope you get your NowTV issue sorted.