cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Worst Customer Service EVER!!

I actually don’t know what to do other than cancel my passes at this point. The customer service team is an absolute shambles!!

Been having problems with the app on my PS4 since the last update. We only use the PS4 for TV downstairs on our main TV, but since the last update it has become practically unusable. 

I contacted NowTV about this on the 24th July, I was emailed and told that someone would be back in contact with me between 24-48 hours (25th-26th July) I emailed them on the 28th July asking if they had an update since they didn’t contact me back. I received an email response 29th saying it had been passed to a technical team. I have since heard absolutely nothing from them (5 days) and I have emailed them 4 times since then with every single email going ignored. 

My son has a NowTV box in his room that was working perfectly, but now his TV remote has broken and he can no longer use the box. So now I have been paying for a service for two weeks that it unusable. If I didn’t pay for my passes for two weeks I would have them cancelled. 

I have contacted live chat and all they keep saying is the technical team will contact me. I am absolutely disgusted that this can happen and I can just be pushed from pillar to post and then just totally ignored. I’ve contacted Facebook and Twitter who both can’t help me and tell me to speak to live chat. 

Absolutely horrendous. The worst customer service I have ever experienced!! 

Does anyone have a contact email from someone higher up I can contact about this? I’ve today emailed trading standards because I’m utterly disgusted in how NowTV have dealt with this issue, yet they’re still taking payments for an unusable service. 

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My point was that I wouldnt be contemplating it - were it not for NOWTV. 

I think the company is potentially dangerous.

And if anyone needs support - reach out to anyone - just dont sign up for NOWTV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's Christmas day and Now TV is down (Plymouth). NOT happy!! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean Now TV is down? 

Is it TV or broadband that is down?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately Gavs

A lot of people, mostly newbies, expect forum members and the Now TV team (when they pop in) to have mind reading abilities or distant seeing, that's why their cries for help contain so little detail.

Of course, I am being facetious and, as such, I usually stay away from posts with very little to no information about the problem the writer is having. I just find it becomes very difficult to get the information needed to help the user to solve their problem, so I tend to ignore them.

However, if the user puts some thought into explaining their problem, or at least try to, then that user is worth helping.

Gavs, you may not agree with my personal forum policy but it has served me very well over the years and has helped to prevent conflicts (making fun of the writer).

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Wow, can you find clothes which fit such an over inflated ego?!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No but Im sure someone will be able to help you out with your problem?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you use the contact number in the link I provided to try get your broadband sorted out? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Based on the number of dissatisfied posts here and elsewhere on the net, I’m assuming there’s no point holding ones breath for any real support or resolution assistance.
What’s probably more useful is to seek a group or class action on behalf of all the dissatisfied customers that have bought a service any not received that service with a view to retrospectively claiming our subscription fees and interest back from Sky and obtaining support from the various regulators in imposing penalties.
Shareholders who will be pleased to see the 83% growth since 2014 would not be best pleased to see any jeopardising factors come to bare.

Notwithstanding I’ll share my own experiences as I have 5 minutes to spare before selling some stock.

I've had Now TV for years and similarly have had years of frustration with constant buffering and poor picture quality issues.

For the past year or two I've been using Chromecast as it's the easiest way to access and control all my streaming services from my android without the need for a number of remote control devices.

All the other streaming services work a charm with no buffering, with the exclusion of NowTV.

The TV and Chromecast are physically next to the router which is delivering a download speed of approx. 13Mbs which is more than sufficient according to Now TV.
My Samsung TV also has Now TV but only provides access to films and not boxsets, hence the Chromecast.

Last night I cancelled my Entertainment and Cinema passes as yet again, the service was frustratingly unusable.

I've tried every trick in the book to resolve the matter which includes changing routers, using boosters, wiping and reloading software, having dedicated android devices for the service, liaising with the broadband provider to increase and decrease the decibel speed settings, pause tv streams in the attempt the allow sufficient download, restarting routers several times mid show etc etc

From an ethical (and perhaps legal) perspective, for years I've/we have all, been paying for an advertised service that has not been delivered and we should as a group of dissatisfied customers be looking into financial redress of subscription fees with interest notwithstanding dealing with the various regulators to combine our frustration and press for action however, I'm more keen to post a last ditch plea for any guidance on a) why out of the several streaming services I/we all subscribe to, it seems NowTV is the only one with such a high level of buffering complaints as reflected on a google search and b) why the only devices available on the NowTV site are wireless when there is clearly an issue with their tech, particularly wireless tech in relation to buffering which could be resolved with a wired connection of sorts.
I heard a while ago that Now TV boxes were available (with wired HDMI connectivity) but they don’t seem to be available on the site and I’m not keen to spend even more money trying the fix their problems unless perhaps there are guarantees in place.

If Sky/NowTV or anyone else has any progressive points to put forward that may serve to solve the issue and deliver the service advertised (and paid for), I would be delighted to hear back.

Rgds

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this help?

If you've made a complaint to us about your NOW TV service or specifically about our complaints handling process and it hasn't been satisfactorily resolved after 8 weeks, you have the right to refer it to CISAS, a scheme managed by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR). You can contact them by phone on 020 7520 3827, by email at [email removed], or by post: CISAS, 70 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1EU.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't expect a response from NowTV. I emailed them because my box keeps rebooting randomly - won't allow me to watch anything on BBC iPlayer unless I restart the device BEFORE selecting the app and starting to watch something. BBC iPlayer app and Channel 4 apps are DREADFUL on there. Channel 4 won't let me play anything. As soon as I select something, it just crashes out. I asked them for their advice, and got no response.