cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app on ps4 crashes my router

For some reason i cant watch now tv anymore it keeps on crashing my router and everytime i get about 10 minutes into a program and my router resets itself. And i dont know what to do with it now. Any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

I don't suppose your ISP is TalkTalk is it? 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PlayStation-4/PS4-app-crashes-Talktalk-router/m-p/413788#M2830

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried that and it was still rebooting... talk talk agreed to change the router to a HG635 from a HG633 but I would have to purchase the HG635 for £80 first then send them the receipt then they would reimburse me due to compatibility issue between the router and the now tv app via ps4. Talk talk are aware of this issue but are refusing to solve it seems like.....
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

You'll be much better off keeping your existing router and spending some money on some HomePlugs.

After-which your PS4 can be connected to the internet using a 'wired' ethernet connection instead of a 'wireless' ethernet connection Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
But won't be eligible for a valid connection as it still resets the connection between now tv app and the HG633 router
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
But won't be eligible for a valid connection as it still resets the connection between now tv app and the HG633 router

I can't see how a 'wired' connection would cause such a problem...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
As talk talk said it is a compatibility issue between the 2 devices.... so of course wires won't work 
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm,

If my ISP's modem did not work correctly with all my 'wired' devices and they refused to give me a modem that did. It would be goodbye ISP!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Personally i would get back on to TalkTalk and demand to speak to a manager. Ive dealt with them before on many occasions and their horrible indian call centre and you will get nowhere while talking to customer reps. They just read from a computer screen and make up the rest if the computer doesn't have the answer. Demand a manager/supervisor.. they will go on to tell you that your not allowed to seak to one, that it is against their policy etc.. but keep demanding it and explain that it is your legal right (as it is!) and eventually they should give in.

In my experiance that is the only way to get a positive result with Talk Talk but once you speak to a manager i'm fairly sure after you explain the situation they will send you a new router without charge (possibly a delivery charge but thats it) and a returns bag for sending the old one back (Which is free post and optional). You might still see a charge on your bill but it should be immediatly discounted, so really your not being charged.

Basically you just have to stand firm with them if your want to get anywhere (but of course, keep a cool head)!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might be the firmware version of the router, not the router itself. Ask a talktalk engineer to remotely reset your router to an earlier firmware iteration, it might fix the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, you need to get the HG635 router Now tv won't work with the HG633 router or just downgrade to the old D-LINK model