cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Now tv app on ps4 crashes my router

For some reason i cant watch now tv anymore it keeps on crashing my router and everytime i get about 10 minutes into a program and my router resets itself. And i dont know what to do with it now. Any help?
Tags (3)
0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now tv app on ps4 crashes my router

@Foxjk013 Hello 🙂

I don't suppose your ISP is TalkTalk is it? 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PlayStation-4/PS4-app-crashes-Talktalk-router/m-p/413788#M2830

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Thanks
14 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Foxjk013 Hello 🙂

I don't suppose your ISP is TalkTalk is it? 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PlayStation-4/PS4-app-crashes-Talktalk-router/m-p/413788#M2830

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Yep haha. I might going to have to to solve the issue calling them may help
Highlighted
Mentor

Ok... so uodate for you talk talk would like me to pay £80 for a new router due to compatiblity issues between now tv app for the ps4 and the isp talk talk router HG633 thanks for the help guys anyway
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have the exact same problem. My bradband provider is talk talk. Every time I play a movie on NOW TV on my PS4 it just stops working after a few minutes. It says wifi connection lost and a something not right message pops up. I've realised that my rooter doesn't work when this happenes. I have also realised this only happens with Now TV. I've had Netflix before and this has never happened. So what did u do to relive your problem? Did u resolve it??

Please let me know as I'm really keen to finding out what's wrong ha

Many thanks
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Yeah, you need to get the HG635 router Now tv won't work with the HG633 router or just downgrade to the old D-LINK model
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Foxjk013 and @Starboiination

Is there any particular reason why you're unable to directly connect an ethernet cable from your router to your PS4?

If you can't, then the next best thing is to use 'powerline networking adaptors' ie: HomePlugs. 😉

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Mentor

I have tried that and it was still rebooting... talk talk agreed to change the router to a HG635 from a HG633 but I would have to purchase the HG635 for £80 first then send them the receipt then they would reimburse me due to compatibility issue between the router and the now tv app via ps4. Talk talk are aware of this issue but are refusing to solve it seems like.....
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Foxjk013,

You'll be much better off keeping your existing router and spending some money on some HomePlugs.

After-which your PS4 can be connected to the internet using a 'wired' ethernet connection instead of a 'wireless' ethernet connection Smiley Happy

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

But won't be eligible for a valid connection as it still resets the connection between now tv app and the HG633 router
0 Thanks