cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV wouldn't load on Xbox one so I delete to re install and now it won't install

My Xbox one wouldn't load now TV but other apps worked fine. 

I deleted to re install and now the installation won't even try to start. I have hard reset my Xbox and network. I have installed other similar apps fine. But still no luck with now TV. Any suggestions?

60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found a fix as its on the xbox side you need to change your dns settings to 1.1.1.1. And the same with the secondary dns. I done it and it worked right away

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been having this problem since Friday and your suggestion just fixed it. Thank you so much!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much! Followed this fix and worked right away. It still wouldn't install normally for me before trying this, seems to be 3 days later still no fix from NowTV or Xbox... shambles. Cheers!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hasnt worked for me! Is there anything else to try?! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you change secondary aswell? I had to switch my Xbox off and back on after changing dns settings

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes done both

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears it's not app related but Microsofts latest update. Microsoft store on all platforms is affected so any apps or trying to install apps are affected. It seems to be related to US and UK's main internet providers (Comcast and BT). A workaround is to change your DNS settings to something like google dns (8.8.8.8 then 8.8.4.4) but I suppose any other free alternative would do. I had to do it on pc and xbox to get everything working again. I also had to go into my router settings and change the dns settings aswell (google dns). Now everything is fine. BTW it wasn't just Now TV app that wouldn't work or reinstall. Spotify and Netflix also gave me the same issues and they were the only ones I bothered to try so it could be many more.

To change DNS on xbox 1 press xbox button (the one lit up on controller), tap right to the cog (settings), select network settings, select advanced settings, select DNS, select manual, primary dns is 8.8.8.8, secondary is 8.8.4.4 then restart xbox.

If the result is the same as before, like it was with me, then your router probably needs the same DNS setting applied.

Before I did this I couldn't download apps on my pc. I couldn't even run an update check. It would fail. Now tv on xbox wouldn't start. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall but it would fail. Since changing DNS on my xbox, pc and router everything works fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's all well and good to blame the problem on Microsoft but at the end of the day, without the help of yourself and other kind customers, we would still be stuck without the service for which we are paying. Why couldn't someone from NowTV give us the solution? Why have they not got a quick line to Microsoft in case of times such as these? NowTV have instead displayed a deliberately inconsiderate attitude to their customers and I hope others will join me in dropping their service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes! Success!! Turned it off and on again. Thank you so much. NO THANKS TO NOW TV. Shocking customer services 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had to yes. To 1.0.0.1 then now tv installed without an issue.