cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulBent
Advocate

Logging into NowTV app on PlayStation with membership via AmazonPrime

I feel really stupid but I have a Now Entertainment and a Cinema membership that I subscribed to via Amazon, it is all listed in my memberships on  Amazon and I can watch movies and TV shows on my fire cube where the subscription was done.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to then access that content on any other device including my PS5, Android phone and windows tablet.  I don't have a separate login to use on the Now app and nothing shows up in the Prime video app.

I also have been unable to find any help via Google.  I've used an old Sky/Now account to post this that doesn't have access to either membership.

Surely someone knows how to do this??

Ps. They really need to update this forum to include a label for a PS5, they've been out for 2 years now 🙄

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @PaulBent 

If you are seeing the QR Scan code, then click on it to close it.

Then you should see the complete NOW App home screen, then click on the gear wheel icon top right of the TV screen and you should see a section where to add your Amazon login NOW details. 

PaulBent
Advocate

Mystery partially solved, going into the settings on the Now app on the fire cube revealed it was logged in under the wife's name (even though prime is logged into my account). 

No idea how that's happened but it explains why it isn't showing up for me, maybe we did it that way for some reason I can't remember now  ♂️

And now the forum has added a gender symbol to my reply that I can't edit out. Bizarre.

PaulBent
Advocate

Thanks, that article wasn't much help.  It seems to guide you to downloading the app and then that's it.  No more info.

I've got the app installed on the ps5 but it just gives me a qr code or join via nowtv.com/playstation where the only account I have to login with is this one, which isn't attached to the membership. Its so frustrating!  I develop software for a living and can't figure out to login to a darned app!

I might have to resort to kicking the wife off the TV and seeing if I can find some account info if I fire it up on the FireCube but barring that, I'm stumped.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @PaulBent 

Don't know if there is anything in this NOW help article link below that points you in the right direction.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-on-amazon-devices 

I don't subscribe myself through Amazon, but on my playback devices to login my account details onto the NOW App on any of my playback devices I click on the gear wheel icon (top right of the NOW App home screen).