cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest update has broken the media controls

Running the app on an original Xbox one, media remote play/pause/stop/etc buttons now no longer function. Also equivalent voice controls also don't work.

Bit of a dejavu moment from this time last year. Please can we get a fix for this asap - after one evening it's already driving me nuts.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldn't mind so much, but as other  posters have said,  it's not the first time an "update" has broken the remote control functionality.

I wouldn't mind so much if this was a free service, I PAY for NOW TV

I wouldn't mind so much if I could revert to the previous version of the app.

So the App is broken, it's not been sufficient tested before being released, it's an issue which happened before and had to be fixed.  Lessons learned = ZERO  replies from NOW TV = ZERO

I have a remote because I don't want to use my controller to do remote control,  when is the app going to be fixed ?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not happy, you might have guessed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what’s new... this is typical IT idiots, got to keep tinkering under the bonnet and when the screw it all up they wring their hands and bury their heads.

utter rubbish.

oh and let’s se what they say needs doing.

uninstall the app.

purge the Xbox.

reinstall the app.

guess what, it makes no effing difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no news then ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use a Logitech Harmony with my XBox One and similarly the media controls have stopped working since the update - currently using the arrow keys with the on-screen buttons. Please fix this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve bwen having this issue for a while.
Strange thing is I have an Xbox One and an Xbox One X. We only normally use the new one.
The media controls have stopped working after a Now TV app update earlier this year for me but only on the Xbox One X.
I’ve tried live chat and email but the responses from both are pretty inane and inept. They don’t understand I’m not using a Now TV box. They don’t seem to understand English or something.
I’ve got the same answer back 4 or 5 times about my Now TV box and it’s nothing to do with that.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

broken for me too on Xbox One X.

latest app update has broken media controls (ff/rw/play/pause) .

i'm using a logitech harmony remote - it was working fine before this update, and still works with every other xbox app.