cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to make it full screen?

I am unable to find out how to watch movies in full screen when watching through my PS3

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Can you confirm how the screen size is affecting you? Is the content "letterboxed"? If so @schnapps steps should help. 

Is the image shrunken/blown-up?

Can you let us know and we'll be happy to look into this 🙂

Thanks

Rob 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there.

By the look of it, you haven't had the OP reply, but I have had exactly the issue detailed: When I stream programmes on my PS3 they display with 'letterboxing' at the top and bottom and the image is vertically 'squashed'. (If it was displaying without the letterboxing it would be correctly proportioned). It is not letterboxed when I am using the menus of the PS3 Now TV app - the letterboxing only appears when streaming programmes.

If you have any advice on how to change the in-programme aspect ratio, I'd be keen to hear it.

Cheers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn Auto aspec ratio mode OFF on the HDMI input of the HDTV...

Select manual mode... then Save to that HDMI input channel preset... it then no longer keeps trying to guess aspec ratio...

Due to the many Different Brands the setting may then have a different name and then manual Zoom controll scaling setting after...

One for Height and width each...

and

Then one each for input resolution and the upscale needed...

IMG_20160521_211006.jpg

With mine being a cheap fell of a back of a lorry and reject QC version it only has fixed option to select but saves them per HDMI input

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am unable to find out how to watch movies in full screen when watching through my PS3

Bomber703

I assume you mean, you have got the black bars on the top and bottom of your screen when watching certain movies ?

If this is the case, this is how the movie has been shot by the movie studio.

However, on some TV's you can expand the screen out to stretch the picture.

On my TV remote, there is an "Aspect button" feature with an option to zoom the picture out (makes the picture fill the screen), but i don't use it, due to that it makes the picture look unnatural to me.